Page 38 of 143 FirstFirst ... 182830313233343536373839404142434445464858 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
    Why would you need to call and tell them? If you bought a complete lower and registered it, would you call and register additional uppers - I thought the lower was the firearm and the registered part?
    You can't register uppers. Only the lower of an AR15 is registered. If you change the barrel length, or strip it you're supposed to notify the CFP so they can issues an update registration certificate.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Hi
    My understanding of this AR stuff is very limited.
    I just bought a stripped lower, that is all I have
    I was thinking about buying a “build kit” that has everything else.

If I get the kit, and one of your receivers, will I have everything I need or will I need to get other things?

Thank you for your patience

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbubba View Post
    Hi
    My understanding of this AR stuff is very limited.
    I just bought a stripped lower, that is all I have
    I was thinking about buying a “build kit” that has everything else.

If I get the kit, and one of your receivers, will I have everything I need or will I need to get other things?

Thank you for your patience
    Basically what this is going to do is replace your upper and lower AR receivers. You will need almost everything else from an AR build kit. The LPC will come with its own bolt carrier and you will need the bolt from the AR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    Basically what this is going to do is replace your upper and lower AR receivers. You will need almost everything else from an AR build kit. The LPC will come with its own bolt carrier and you will need the bolt from the AR.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    You can't register uppers. Only the lower of an AR15 is registered. If you change the barrel length, or strip it you're supposed to notify the CFP so they can issues an update registration certificate.
    I’m still confused. If you can’t register uppers, how do they know what barrel length you have? And, why would it matter since AR-15’s of any barrel length are restricted.

Thanks for your help; sorry for the thread Hijack. Subscribed and I’ll go search the black rifle thread and look at my CFP handbook.
    BTW, I’m thinking a 16” coyote gun built on your LPC would be a lot of fun.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
    I’m still confused. If you can’t register uppers, how do they know what barrel length you have? And, why would it matter since AR-15’s of any barrel length are restricted.

Thanks for your help; sorry for the thread Hijack. Subscribed and I’ll go search the black rifle thread and look at my CFP handbook.
    BTW, I’m thinking a 16” coyote gun built on your LPC would be a lot of fun.
    The upper is not a firearm. Your registration certificate for an AR15 is for the lower. When you register a lower you specify the barrel length. If you change the barrel length you have 30 days to notify the CFP.

To the Team as SBI

I am very impressed and pleased by your innovative approach to a fluid situation.

I think this is a very good way to make all kinds of parts usefully for the long term.

Even should the proposed legislation NOT come to pass, I will still be purchasing a receiver set!!

If I can be of any assistance please let me know!!

Thank you for your efforts and please keep up the good work and issue updates as progress is made.

Thankfully yours

AbH

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    As a side benefit;

Manual action firearms don't have any barrel length requirement for non-restricted status.

You only need to worry about 26 inch overall length (with the stock collapsed or folded.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    As a side benefit;

Manual action firearms don't have any barrel length requirement for non-restricted status.

You only need to worry about 26 inch overall length (with the stock collapsed or folded.)
    DM

This was a the heart of what I was thinking about in my above post.

All of a sudden one starts to look at that 11" 300 blackout and 14.5 - 16.1" barrels in the bin in a very different light!!

Further there a significant amount of documentation on the web that short barrels can very very accurate as well!!

Just food for thought

regards

AbH

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    DM
    This was a the heart of what I was thinking about in my above post.
    All of a sudden one starts to look at that 11" 300 blackout and 14.5 - 16.1" barrels in the bin in a very different light!!
    Further there a significant amount of documentation on the web that short barrels can very very accurate as well!!
    Just food for thought
    regards
    AbH
    Yeah.
    I'm just looking around my workshop right now;

If I bought one of these receivers;
    I bet have enough spare parts laying around to build a complete non-restricted gun, just out of spite LOL.

And I have no doubt that many others could say the same.