Page 39 of 143 FirstFirst ... 192931323334353637383940414243444546474959 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    Little more to barrel length than that if the barrel was manufactured shorter than 18" it can be installed if its longer than 18" it cannot be shortened to less than 18" though.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    Little more to barrel length than that if the barrel was manufactured shorter than 18" it can be installed if its longer than 18" it cannot be shortened to less than 18" though.
    CC

You make a good point!!

However to be Fair, and to clarify, I was speaking about barrel that were "manufactured" in short lengths, or lengths under 18.5".

Cutting a barrel down is a whole different "kettle of fish" all together!!

regards

AbH

Wasn't commenting against your post was just sharing for those that do not understand how our laws are written
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

CGN frequent flyer
    Considering the 26" OAL for non-restricted , how long is the new receiver compared with a typical AR receiver?
    Some of these short barrels may not make the cut-off.

My single shot 14" barreled T/C Contender carbines are 27.5" OAL with a 13" length of pull so with a lets say 4" receiver added I'm sure you can run 10" or shorter barrels that is unless you have collapsible or folding stocks...
    <")))><

CGN frequent flyer
    I don't think the flash-hider counts toward barrel length, just the chamber and rifled part of the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff B View Post
    I don't think the flash-hider counts toward barrel length, just the chamber and rifled part of the barrel.
    Not in Canada no,in the US a permanently pinned(welded) brake would count
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff B View Post
    If the flash hider is machined into/from the barrel it counts. Herron arms has done this.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    If the flash hider is machined into/from the barrel it counts. Herron arms has done this.
    This is correct.

Muzzle devices do count towards overall length however.

CGN frequent flyer
    My AR with a 10.5" barrel measures 27" with the stock fully closed and a short flash hider. Is the SBI receiver set the same length as an AR receiver? If so, I can build a NR carbine! Or buy a longer flash hider.