Page 44 of 143 FirstFirst ... 243436373839404142434445464748495051525464 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    Are they on track to be available this year?
    W
    Yes. Things are going well with development, and we expect to be finished with extraction this week. Everything is on track.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Yes. Things are going well with development, and we expect to be finished with extraction this week. Everything is on track.
    Good news! Looking forward to a new project.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Feb 01 Update:
    Good evening CGN,

We've been spending the last few weeks working on making the rifle feed and extract smoothly. A few things of note, a quality barrel is really important. Extraction will be difficult if your chamber is corroded or poorly finished. Also, really spicy ammo can cause extraction issues too. Overall the rifle is running very well now and we're essentially done all R&D at this point.

Moving forward we're going to start working on our CNC fixturing for the first production run. We need to build jigs for uppers, lowers, bolt knobs, and bolt bodies. We expect this to take a few weeks, but is nothing crazy. We're also working on our first run of Glock muzzle brakes so machine time for prototyping is a bit limited for the next couple of weeks.

Here's a video from this morning of our test firing:

Nice update thank you. :D
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Looking good and since it's bolt action then we can go as short as 26 inch OAL, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by KND View Post
    Looking good and since it's bolt action then we can go as short as 26 inch OAL, right ?
    If it doesn't fold or collapse or change length and it's manual action and it is considered a rifle, it can be as short as you want. You could put one of those short fixed stocks and a super short barrel on it and get it under 26 inches. Like the mares legs with 9 inch barrels.
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.

CGN Regular
    I don't know if it's too late to suggest, but wouldn't it be better if you can put a spring behind the carrier so it can actually push the bolt forward, just without any mechanism for the carrier to be functioned "semi-automatically"?

That would allow you to 1) just let go of the charging handle to chamber the round, and 2) allow the carrier to stay where it is while chambered.

The action of pushing the handle back forward looks a little silly to me.

By the way, if you find that pulling the carrier back to extract the round is too difficult, perhaps you need a mechanism for the handle to "pry" open the first 1-2 of carrier travel to unlock the bolt and allow the case to be extracted. Something like the X95 IDF charging handle.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Forgive my ignorance, but could one use the barrel of a S&W MP15 on this rig? I understand the gas block isn’t used but can one block it off?

Quote Originally Posted by Wester View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but could one use the barrel of a S&W MP15 on this rig? I understand the gas block isn’t used but can one block it off?
    Just think of the gas port as a built in compensator.
    I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    By the way, if you find that pulling the carrier back to extract the round is too difficult, perhaps you need a mechanism for the handle to "pry" open the first 1-2 of carrier travel to unlock the bolt and allow the case to be extracted. Something like the X95 IDF charging handle.
    You could probably modify yours and maybe mount a forward assist facing backwards on the non charging handle side. That'd do it.