Page 48 of 143 FirstFirst ... 283840414243444546474849505152535455565868 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

Quote Originally Posted by L86 All Terrain View Post
    I would rather hand in a pile of molten steel and aluminum before I turn any semi's into bolt guns. My bosses brother did that when they came for his Stainless .357 he got from his uncle, stuck it in the furnace and wrapped the barrel in a 180. Said the cops jaws hit the floor when they saw it. "If I cant have it, no one can".
    If your boss' brother had the ability to do that, he could have easily unscrewed the barrel and handed that in, then rebarreled with something 105+. His approach seems a silly, wasteful, and expensive way to make a point.

I've spent money on my AR, and rather than convert that investment into scrap via the Blue Flame of Anger, I'd just as soon hand them a stripped lower receiver and tuck everything else into a bolt-action chassis.

But maybe I'm weird.
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    If any of my lowers have to get turned in then they will go completely stripped with #### YOU TRUDEAU engraved on them.

Nice to have an option to build something with the remaining parts.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

I keep hearing that the “lower receiver” is the only serialized part so you can strip everything and just turn in the receiver. Is it that simple? Or do you have to re-classify it before you strip it (to deactivated or a restricted part) so you can keep the barrel and stuff. Our registration cards give barrel length and brand of complete firearm unless its registered as parts.
    Does anyone know?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Cat View Post
    I keep hearing that the “lower receiver” is the only serialized part so you can strip everything and just turn in the receiver. Is it that simple? Or do you have to re-classify it before you strip it (to deactivated or a restricted part) so you can keep the barrel and stuff. Our registration cards give barrel length and brand of complete firearm unless its registered as parts.
    Does anyone know?
    NZ prohibited all parts so it is impossible to say. Mine are registered as receivers only....
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Cat View Post
    Does anyone know?
    Only time will tell what direction the Libtard's go one this. If there is enough publicity on their intensions you may just have enough time to deregister it as a complete rifle and re-register just the lower before the bill gets past. Pretty tough call on their part to suggest those spare parts used to make up the [B]exactB] same complete gun. In fact I'll probably sell all my part to Mike in Canmore.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Winchester-1897's Avatar
    I'm thinking the Libs have some pretty big problems right now and maybe the gun problems will be put to the back burner for a longer time while they try to come up for air as they seem to be drowning right now.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winchester-1897 View Post
    I'm thinking the Libs have some pretty big problems right now and maybe the gun problems will be put to the back burner for a longer time while they try to come up for air as they seem to be drowning right now.
    Or they might throw down a gun ban to distract people.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Or they might throw down a gun ban to distract people.
    I fear you may be closer to the truth than we would like to think.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If the police come knocking, just start coughing furiously.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I wish our police would be more like the Vermont State police and just publicly refuse to enforce such a ban. I am willing to bet a good percentage of Police are also AR owners and sport shooters.