Page 16 of 143 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wester View Post
    When I compare the milled prototype with my and other AR’s, the magwell base is @the base of the trigger guard. Just curious, are regular AR15 mags going to seat properly since the magwell looks shorter? Or is the BCG higher up than a normal AR15?
    Our mag well is based roughly on the AR180, not the AR15. We opted for this design to simplify manufacturing. Magazines seat just fine.

Im in for a few either way. As others have said make a fun little gun. I'll do a grendel or 7.62x39

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Our mag well is based roughly on the AR180, not the AR15. We opted for this design to simplify manufacturing. Magazines seat just fine.
    Thanks for the clarification. Excited to see the finished product.

Ok now what about a slide/pump action fore end kits. Shouldn't be to hard to do bolt on keymod/Mloc or whole hand guards.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Love the initiative, love the design.

Hate that it could be used against us "See, they can still have non scary guns, we just want the scary ones"... for now.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    Rearward thrust goes into the recesses on the barrel extension, which are perpendicular to the direction of thrust. The cam in the bolt carrier doesn't start unlocking the bolt until the bolt carrier has been moved a good deal rearwards. Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure the firing pin on an AR-pattern rifle can't even protrude through the bolt face unless the locking lugs are fully engaged.
    Obviously most people understand this ^... but what keeps the bolt carrier itself from moving ? That is the source of the confusion here..
    Just saying it how it is.....

Quote Originally Posted by Murray 3-D View Post
    Obviously most people understand this ^... but what keeps the bolt carrier itself from moving ? That is the source of the confusion here..
    Spring detent in the upper interacts with the carrier. It's not really needed, but will help prevent you from bumping the bolt our of battery. When firing nothing is acting on the carrier, so it's not going to open.

Interesting, but unless I'm missing something, with the buffer tube threading into a blind hole in the upper, how would one clean the barrel from the breech end?

Quote Originally Posted by jscreen View Post
    Interesting, but unless I'm missing something, with the buffer tube threading into a blind hole in the upper, how would one clean the barrel from the breech end?
    Insert a cleaning rod from the muzzle, and then attach the brush or patch and then pull it though. Or use a bore snake.

Any updates/pics? :D