Page 47 of 143 FirstFirst ... 273739404142434445464748495051525354555767 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

Maybe a pump system would be superior?

Otherwise, there are far better bolt action rifles. That video looked painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Humblepie View Post
    Maybe a pump system would be superior?

Otherwise, there are far better bolt action rifles. That video looked painful.
    Far better bolt action rifles that accept existing AR parts? That must be news to Spectre. I guess they’ve wasted all that time and energy for no good reason.
    I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall.

Troy SAR?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Cat View Post
    Troy SAR?
    The SAR is a complete rifle while this is a kit to use parts from an existing AR-type rifle. I would expect it to cost far less than a SAR (about $1200 US dollars).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Didn't Troy hire one of the snipers involved in the Ruby Ridge siege?
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Wouldn't it be smarter to make a receiver like that with AICS magazine? At least then it would have no magazine restrictions.

If you're gonna rake that bolt every time at least have the opportunity to do it endlessly. Or at least for 30 rounds.

CGN frequent flyer
    The primary target for these receivers are AR/black rifle owners who have been threatened with confiscation. Because it gives them a plan B of legally using their AR barrels, triggers, stocks and handguards if the retards go ahead with a ban.
    Considering every AR owner owns at least 86 AR15 mags, creating an AR parts-compatible NR receiver set that uses AR mags is the only thing that makes sense.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Wouldn't it be smarter to make a receiver like that with AICS magazine? At least then it would have no magazine restrictions.
    If you're gonna rake that bolt every time at least have the opportunity to do it endlessly. Or at least for 30 rounds.
    No.

That's completely and utterly NOT the goal of this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sun_and_Steel_77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    I don't know if it's too late to suggest, but wouldn't it be better if you can put a spring behind the carrier so it can actually push the bolt forward, just without any mechanism for the carrier to be functioned "semi-automatically"?

That would allow you to 1) just let go of the charging handle to chamber the round, and 2) allow the carrier to stay where it is while chambered.

The action of pushing the handle back forward looks a little silly to me.
    This is absolutely needed and most straight pulls of this type (Troy SAR included) have a spring to assist in forward inertia.
    Please take this into consideration Spectre.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I would rather hand in a pile of molten steel and aluminum before I turn any semi's into bolt guns. My bosses brother did that when they came for his Stainless .357 he got from his uncle, stuck it in the furnace and wrapped the barrel in a 180. Said the cops jaws hit the floor when they saw it. "If I cant have it, no one can".