Page 104 of 143 FirstFirst ... 849496979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112114124 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1421

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

Quote Originally Posted by ljones View Post
    I have already licked them all so you might as well just send them to me... Well it works with donuts...
    No, it's whoever last spit in the CNC coolant reservoir at the shop lol

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by binarycrystal View Post
    No, it's whoever last spit in the CNC coolant reservoir at the shop lol
    Ever notice shop workers chewing snuff...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just a note, an importer of an alternative manual action firearm confirmed with the CFP that muzzle devices count towards overall length (OAL) of firearms. This allowed them to add a longer muzzle device to a 16" barrel length variant with a folding stock to bring the length over 660 mm folded and keep the firearm non-restricted. This confirms what was said by Spectre and others up-thread. So if you put a truly ginormous muzzle device on an LPC, like a reverse fake can/suppressor, you could get away with using an even shorter barrel with the LPC and a folding stock. Conversely, if someone had an extremely short barrel, they could use it on the LPC with a large muzzle device and a longer fixed stock. Don't know if Spectre has the parts, but it'd be cool to see how the LPC functions with a shorty .300 Blackout, a big brake like Spectre Aegis 30, and fixed-pull stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Just a note, an importer of an alternative manual action firearm confirmed with the CFP that muzzle devices count towards overall length (OAL) of firearms. This allowed them to add a longer muzzle device to a 16" barrel length variant with a folding stock to bring the length over 660 mm folded and keep the firearm non-restricted. This confirms what was said by Spectre and others up-thread. So if you put a truly ginormous muzzle device on an LPC, like a reverse fake can/suppressor, you could get away with using an even shorter barrel with the LPC and a folding stock. Conversely, if someone had an extremely short barrel, they could use it on the LPC with a large muzzle device and a longer fixed stock. Don't know if Spectre has the parts, but it'd be cool to see how the LPC functions with a shorty .300 Blackout, a big brake like Spectre Aegis 30, and fixed-pull stock.
    If my measurements are correct, I found the shortest you can go with a practical muzzle break (e.g. not adding another half pound to you gun through a fake suppressor) is 16" if you want to use a folding stock. If you don't, and just use a standard 6 position folding stock, you can go 12". I'm hoping to build a 12" 6.5 Grendel rig...
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisselig View Post
    If my measurements are correct, I found the shortest you can go with a practical muzzle break (e.g. not adding another half pound to you gun through a fake suppressor) is 16" if you want to use a folding stock. If you don't, and just use a standard 6 position folding stock, you can go 12". I'm hoping to build a 12" 6.5 Grendel rig...
    Sounds right. The muzzle device the importer added was 2.25" / 57 mm. Good luck with the Grendel build!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisselig View Post
    According to these former operators interviewed on Garand thumb for regular .556 you want to keep the barrel length at least 11.5" to get some realistic useful effective distance, so hopefully your 12" Grendel will work well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ^
    For some reason the link won't take you to the correct time index. Go to 29 minutes in to hear them talk about optimal barrel length.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Just an update for you guys, we test fired the rifle we built using parts from an M&P 15. It worked great. Zero extraction issues with steel case and brass case ammo. We are going to fire a few hundred more though it tomorrow.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Firearms reviewer Adriel the Hunting Gear Guy posted a review of serial #1 LPC. Other then seeing a bit depressed for the reason for its existence, Adriel seemed impressed with the firearm.

He did note that polymer mags didn't want to drop free, but he suggested on later firearm iterations this may have been addressed; perhaps Spectre can give feedback on this.

Can't remember if it was here or on Reddit, but for those who were concerned the BCG would slide back if the rifle was held vertical, Adriel showed it would remain in place with no mag in even when jiggled; mortaring the rifle to the ground did knock it loose, but the same would occur with a semi-automatic rifle.

Overall, good review of a promising Canadian firearm.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    I noticed in this video that with the upper alone (no lower), held in a vertical position, he waves it around a bit and the bolt stays locked. When he disassembles it, you can see how small and light the carrier is.