Page 106 of 143 FirstFirst ... 86969899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114116126 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1421

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    We tried 2 methods. Both work. The best method is to take your gas tube, remove it from the gas block, cut the tube down to 1.5" and then install it upside down. This plugs the gas port in the A frame gas block.

Method 2 is ultra lazy. Just cut the gas tube about 2" behind the gas block and crimp it.

We figured it's best to destroy the gas tube vs destroy the gas block.
    This was suggested by the member who goes by "Polkey" a while back. His idea seemed to be good and I am happy that it works. If the OIC goes away we can reconfigure our AR rifles with only the $20 for a new gas tube.

Super Moderator
    A little metal rod with a hole for the cross pin would close off the gas block, and would not require the sacrifice of a gas tube.

CGN Regular
    My plan was to turn a collar that slides over the gas block area with a set screw that would tighten down over the gas port.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TRDJer View Post
    My plan was to turn a collar that slides over the gas block area with a set screw that would tighten down over the gas port.
    That should work just fine. The set screw would plug the port.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff B View Post
    This was suggested by the member who goes by "Polkey" a while back. His idea seemed to be good and I am happy that it works. If the OIC goes away we can reconfigure our AR rifles with only the $20 for a new gas tube.
    If the OIC goes away we will get get gas tubes for really cheap for anyone who destroyed them.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRDJer View Post
    We can probably make something for people that would do exactly this. But if you already use a micro gas block and a free float handguard, simply putting the block on backwards works great and recycles another part.

We can probably make something for people that would do exactly this. But if you already use a micro gas block and a free float handguard, simply putting the block on backwards works great and recycles another part.
    I would certainly be interested in something like this.
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.

CGN Regular
    I dont have a lot of clearance between my handguard and adjustable block so that’s why I was thinking collar. You would just have to have a selection of diameters and I think people would go for it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Here's a rifle built using parts from a M&P 15

nice look like mine lol

Quote Originally Posted by lawn gnome View Post
    Will it say, "Made in the Republic of Alberta", on the side?
    Can't wait to get these.
    I'd pay extra for this model