Page 127 of 143 FirstFirst ... 107117119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1421

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Yesterday the mail was busy with both a WS-MCR and a couple of SBI sets showing up. Put some parts together and viola! One straight pull bolty and a semi auto. Both with Magpul stocks and A2 pistol grips, both look terrifying to liberals. The rest of them differ somewhat.

375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Yesterday the mail was busy with both a WS-MCR and a couple of SBI sets showing up. Put some parts together and viola! One straight pull bolty and a semi auto. Both with Magpul stocks and A2 pistol grips, both look terrifying to liberals. The rest of them differ somewhat.

Looks nice!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Is that a 10" barrel? Another nice modular SBR, if that is the case. What handguard, barrel, and muzzle device is that? Looks great, regardless!

CGN frequent flyer
    So har far along are we?
    I bought my sticker may 15 and still have not received an email

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    So har far along are we?
    I bought my sticker may 15 and still have not received an email
    Batch 3 is in progress. Batch 2 has been shipped.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Is that a 10" barrel? Another nice modular SBR, if that is the case. What handguard, barrel, and muzzle device is that? Looks great, regardless!
    Hand guard is NEA, barrel and muzzie are from BCL (who used to be NEA) barrel is 14.5”
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN frequent flyer
    So...
    What rear takedown pins *don't* easily fall out without the spring/detent/buffer plate installed?

The pin that came with the LPK I bought fell out in its own when I had the rifle on its side measuring the pull weight of the TT diamond it received. I installed the detent and a cut down detent spring + buffer plate, which works as it should, but then it's a serious PITA to take down because that spring/detent is in the lower and the buffer tube/plate is part of the upper. You can't just pull the pin and hinge it open without that spring flying out.

I'm running a magpul PRS stock for this Valkyrie, which makes takedown worse, since I have to remove the sock just to get to the castle nut.

Can we get KNS pins up here?? I see them on Brownells but that's it. Is there anything comparable that people recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholysavage View Post
    So...
    What rear takedown pins *don't* easily fall out without the spring/detent/buffer plate installed?

The pin that came with the LPK I bought fell out in its own when I had the rifle on its side measuring the pull weight of the TT diamond it received. I installed the detent and a cut down detent spring + buffer plate, which works as it should, but then it's a serious PITA to take down because that spring/detent is in the lower and the buffer tube/plate is part of the upper. You can't just pull the pin and hinge it open without that spring flying out.

I'm running a magpul PRS stock for this Valkyrie, which makes takedown worse, since I have to remove the sock just to get to the castle nut.

Can we get KNS pins up here?? I see them on Brownells but that's it. Is there anything comparable that people recommend?
    The rear detent spring is actually installed on the opposite side of the pin compared to normal. This is why you don't need the buffer plate.

CGN frequent flyer
    Holy crap, looked at it again and you're right.
    I didn't see that the detect/spring hole went past the pin hole and into the receiver. Looked at your last post and it immediately made sense. I need better lighting in my garage.

Thank you SBI,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hand guard is NEA, barrel and muzzie are from BCL (who used to be NEA) barrel is 14.5”
    Thanks for the info! According to a couple of former special forces operators interviewed on GarandThumb (fast foward to 29 minutes in) between 11" and 14.5" you can shoot effectively at a much greater distance the with a 10" or shorter barrel. Given your optic, it looks like you want to hit a distance, so the 14.5" should provide good compactness while letting you keep hitting at range. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by GarandThumb Youtube channel