Page 131 of 143 FirstFirst ... 111121123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1421

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Serials are not being shipped sequentially. It's random.
    And THANK YOU for that! I couldn't have wished for better numbers.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

Super Moderator
    Assembled the rifle today. Straightforward process.

Magazine issue:
    MagPul. Tight, hard push to seat, hard pull to remove. Bolt jams against follower when magazine is empty. Probably OK when magazine is loaded. Will find out.
    Thermold. Push in, pull out. Cycles OK.
    USGI aluminum. Seats easily, almost drops free, cycles OK.

Too bad, I have more MagPuls than any others; run like a top in ARs, have been my "go to" magazines for years. Have to see how many metal magazines I have, might have a few.

Should be at the range this week.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Assembled the rifle today. Straightforward process.

Magazine issue:
    MagPul. Tight, hard push to seat, hard pull to remove. Bolt jams against follower when magazine is empty. Probably OK when magazine is loaded. Will find out.
    Thermold. Push in, pull out. Cycles OK.
    USGI aluminum. Seats easily, almost drops free, cycles OK.

Too bad, I have more MagPuls than any others; run like a top in ARs, have been my "go to" magazines for years. Have to see how many metal magazines I have, might have a few.

Should be at the range this week.
    We opted to make magpul mags a bit snug to improve performance with certain metal mags designed for larger calibers. The bolt will snag on many followers, but that's just the nature of the rifle and not an issue when loaded.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    I took the hand guard off to see what was happening and sure enough there is a tiny fireball popping straight out of the gas tube! Maybe I got it right side up instead of upside down. What a dumbass

Turns out I had installed the gas tube the way I wanted it - upside down. Looks like the gas didn't like being contained to cut a hole in the gas tube within a few shots, which is pretty wild. Gas tube wasn't new by any means so maybe there was some weakening of it, I'm not sure if that's a thing or not. I've got a handful of other brand new gas tubes- some stainless some nitride coated, but I'm not sure if I should just try another one the same way or try some other option. Tapping the gas hole might be a real pain in the butt as there is that circular plate that holds the handguards in place in the way. Maybe using a barrel with a A2 sight is more trouble than it's worth? Hopefully someone here that is smarter than me comes up with a solution.

375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

We'll look at making some plugs. Should just be a matter of cross drilling a dowel pin. I think lots of people will want to use the A2 sight. We have yet to see this problem with the gas tube getting punched though, but there's lots of different gas tube manufacturers out there, so it's likely to happen to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Turns out I had installed the gas tube the way I wanted it - upside down. Looks like the gas didn't like being contained to cut a hole in the gas tube within a few shots, which is pretty wild. Gas tube wasn't new by any means so maybe there was some weakening of it, I'm not sure if that's a thing or not. I've got a handful of other brand new gas tubes- some stainless some nitride coated, but I'm not sure if I should just try another one the same way or try some other option. Tapping the gas hole might be a real pain in the butt as there is that circular plate that holds the handguards in place in the way. Maybe using a barrel with a A2 sight is more trouble than it's worth? Hopefully someone here that is smarter than me comes up with a solution.

If you want to restrict the gas Install the gas block backwards without the tube.
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    If you want to restrict the gas Install the gas block backwards without the tube.
    This is how we advise everyone to proceed, but it does not work with A2 sight blocks.

We'll look at making some plugs. Should just be a matter of cross drilling a dowel pin. I think lots of people will want to use the A2 sight. We have yet to see this problem with the gas tube getting punched though, but there's lots of different gas tube manufacturers out there, so it's likely to happen to someone else.
    Hmm, makes me wonder if I should try again with a brand new gas tube. Although a solid plug would be a desirable modification.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Did that on the other upper I assembled, but the A2 sight doesn't allow this.

Super Moderator
    This was the solution that I chose. Turned a plug, drilled it, then installed it with the roll pin. I should know later this week if there is any leakage.