Page 134 of 143 FirstFirst ... 114124126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1421

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

CGN frequent flyer
    The beer keg k31 bolt handle does look interesting. I'd have to try one first to see how it feels, but I like the concept.
    What I had in my head was something like the bolt handle/knob on the Browning Maral and Blaser straight pull rifles (except more or less straight out to avoid hitting a knuckle on the mag release). To be honest, it really only needs a ridge near the end for better grip, my soft city hands can just learn to toughen up.

On the way into work this morning I had the idea of using hockey tape to create a narrow, rounded ridge near the end of the factory knob. It's cheap, and easy to remove if I don't like it.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 556x45guy View Post
    Old-timey beer keg bolt handles like the Swiss K11/K31 would be pretty swell. A fortune awaits for an enterprising machinist!
    We'd like to do a K31 style bolt handle for the rifle. It's a fantastic design and works great. If some other manufacturer wants to do one we'd certainly be cool with that.

We're also finishing up a 3d printable stock for the Light Practical Carbine that can be installed and removed without tools. This will be freely downloadable for people to print themselves. Watch out for it next week.

We should have some more receiver sets ready to go quite soon. They are being vapor blasted + anodized now. Don't worry, the upper and lower colors will match :P

Wouldn’t making a stock removable without tools make it like a folding stock and not count to overall length?

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    Wouldn’t making a stock removable without tools make it like a folding stock and not count to overall length?
    You'd still need to remove the lower to install / uninstall.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    We'd like to do a K31 style bolt handle for the rifle. It's a fantastic design and works great. If some other manufacturer wants to do one we'd certainly be cool with that.

We're also finishing up a 3d printable stock for the Light Practical Carbine that can be installed and removed without tools. This will be freely downloadable for people to print themselves. Watch out for it next week.

We should have some more receiver sets ready to go quite soon. They are being vapor blasted + anodized now. Don't worry, the upper and lower colors will match :P
    That’s good to know! My MRA set looks like sh!t. Waiting patiently for The call for my SBI sets.
    |CCFR|

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Way cool! Did you think about 3d printing a folding stock? You may want to talk to Motiuk Manufacturing in Vegreville for some ideas, they modified a WK180C lower to fit an original 180 stock, and made it fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Way cool! Did you think about 3d printing a folding stock? You may want to talk to Motiuk Manufacturing in Vegreville for some ideas, they modified a WK180C lower to fit an original 180 stock, and made it fold.
    We have no plans on designing a folding stock, or selling a printed stock. This is kinda a just for fun project and we're gonna release the design under the creative commons license so people who like 3d printing can make one to try out. It also takes about 22 hours to print, so it's not really commercially viable to manufacture.

Super Moderator
    I tried a MDT folding stock adapter on my LPC. It almost works. The hinge knuckle contacts the receiver when the stock is folded. A slight redesign of the MDT folding mechanism, and it would work. Altering the LPC upper would be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    That’s good to know! My MRA set looks like sh!t. Waiting patiently for The call for my SBI sets.
    In what way does the MRA set look like s#@t? I ask because I am waiting for both an MRA set and a Spectre Ballistics set. Will build one and gift the other. So far still waiting for an email.
    "If you teach your kids how to shoot, when to shoot, what to shoot, and where to shoot, freedom will easily be maintained." - Erin Canales

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    I tried a MDT folding stock adapter on my LPC. It almost works. The hinge knuckle contacts the receiver when the stock is folded. A slight redesign of the MDT folding mechanism, and it would work. Altering the LPC upper would be difficult.
    that's unfortunate. with the upper receiver being the same width as the castle nut, and flat-sided, I would have thought there would have been tons of clearance to fold properly.
    the LPC receiver must be slightly wider than an AR?