Page 135 of 143 FirstFirst ... 115125127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1421

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by baldabe View Post
    In what way does the MRA set look like s#@t? I ask because I am waiting for both an MRA set and a Spectre Ballistics set. Will build one and gift the other. So far still waiting for an email.
    Look over on the thread on the competitor's sub forum for pictures. The anodizing colour on the upper and lower receiver of some MRA sets are not matching.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholysavage View Post
    that's unfortunate. with the upper receiver being the same width as the castle nut, and flat-sided, I would have thought there would have been tons of clearance to fold properly.
    the LPC receiver must be slightly wider than an AR?
    It is the lower knuckle of the hinge that makes contact. At first I thought it was a "go" - but to fold, the unit had to be rotated clockwise slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    We'd like to do a K31 style bolt handle for the rifle. It's a fantastic design and works great. If some other manufacturer wants to do one we'd certainly be cool with that.

We're also finishing up a 3d printable stock for the Light Practical Carbine that can be installed and removed without tools. This will be freely downloadable for people to print themselves. Watch out for it next week.

We should have some more receiver sets ready to go quite soon. They are being vapor blasted + anodized now. Don't worry, the upper and lower colors will match :P
    I'm guess that's 22h with a 0.4mm nozzle? lol

CGN frequent flyer
    How close is it to working? Would spacing it out 1/16-1/8" get enough clearance?
    Just wondering if we could put 1-2 buffer tube 'plates' between the adapter and receiver, like spacers?
    They'd have to be modified slightly to get rid of that little key tab (and probably cut off the lower tab as well to keep from interfering during takedown), but they would have the right ID.

Super Moderator
    When I get a chance I'll experiment.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JC94 View Post
    I'm guess that's 22h with a 0.4mm nozzle? lol
    Yup. It's 4 individual parts, each printed at a different density. Was hoping to release the final version tonight, but my design computer killed it's video card... So might be a few days until it's finished.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baldabe View Post
    In what way does the MRA set look like s#@t? I ask because I am waiting for both an MRA set and a Spectre Ballistics set. Will build one and gift the other. So far still waiting for an email.
    My anodizing is two different colours. Purely cosmetic but looks terrible.
    |CCFR|

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Yup. It's 4 individual parts, each printed at a different density. Was hoping to release the final version tonight, but my design computer killed it's video card... So might be a few days until it's finished.
    Perfect, That gives me time to print the vice blocks. Receiver Set is looking great BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Look over on the thread on the competitor's sub forum for pictures. The anodizing colour on the upper and lower receiver of some MRA sets are not matching.
    My set is fine.

These arguments are identical to the MDI and ATRS bellyaching.
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN frequent flyer
    I'd have to think that soaking the MRA sets in oil would make them uniform. From the pics I've seen it looks like they show up dry?