Page 136 of 143 FirstFirst ... 116126128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1421

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Deleted
    Last edited by Patt08; 10-03-2020 at 03:37 PM.
    |CCFR|

Super Moderator
    This is SBI's business forum. Please do not discuss competitors' products here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    This is SBI's business forum. Please do not discuss competitors' products here.
    Understood. To be fair they were discussing their competitors as well.
    |CCFR|

Super Moderator
    I tried a MDT folding stock adapter on my LPC. It almost works. The hinge knuckle contacts the receiver when the stock is folded. A slight redesign of the MDT folding mechanism, and it would work. Altering the LPC upper would be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholysavage View Post
    that's unfortunate. with the upper receiver being the same width as the castle nut, and flat-sided, I would have thought there would have been tons of clearance to fold properly.
    the LPC receiver must be slightly wider than an AR?
    It is the lower knuckle of the hinge that makes contact. At first I thought it was a "go" - but to fold, the unit had to be rotated clockwise slightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholysavage View Post
    How close is it to working? Would spacing it out 1/16-1/8" get enough clearance?
    Just wondering if we could put 1-2 buffer tube 'plates' between the adapter and receiver, like spacers?
    They'd have to be modified slightly to get rid of that little key tab (and probably cut off the lower tab as well to keep from interfering during takedown), but they would have the right ID.
    When I get a chance I'll experiment.
    Keep in mind that the MDT folding stock mechanism was designed to be used with their LSS and other chassis systems. Its mounting piece will screw into the LPC receiver, and an AR buffer tube into the unit. The folding portion wasn't designed to clear the LPC receiver. I think that it could be adapted. It would take a simple tube, and a cylindrical piece drilled through for the attaching bolt, and grooved fore and aft for the indexing lugs. Basically, the folding mechanism would have to be moved further away from the receiver.

CGN frequent flyer
    That level of modification makes it a hard pass. Other options exist that will work.

I ordered a Matador Arms sidewinder this AM. Calgary company, two way locking, and made for anything that takes a buffer tube.
    Looks like they used to be a vendor here at one point, hope they didn't leave because they were sketch. Suppose that I will soon find out.
    Hera Arms makes a non-AR folding adapter as well, but I couldn't find it in stock anywhere. One could always ask Wolverine to bring more in.

Doublestar makes an ACE-pattern adapter for AR-15s that allows you to attach their folding mechanism and ACE-compatible stocks. I was considering getting that one with their AK-style triangle stock.
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    I ordered a Matador Arms sidewinder this AM.
    Reviews for those Matador folding adapters have been very positive.

I think it would be a great accessory for this receiver.

(just watch your overall length with the stock folded)

CGN Regular
    Anyone having issues with ejection? I'm having 100% failure to eject with a 6.5 grendel. I'm assuming it has to do with the ejection port size and the fact that the bolt handle has to ride on it. FYI faxon gunner match barrel and toolcraft bolt

Quote Originally Posted by islandhunter View Post
    Anyone having issues with ejection? I'm having 100% failure to eject with a 6.5 grendel. I'm assuming it has to do with the ejection port size and the fact that the bolt handle has to ride on it. FYI faxon gunner match barrel and toolcraft bolt
    Is your bolt is upside down maybe? Or does the casing just get stuck in the opening? I’ve got a grendel build for mine but I just haven’t had time to put it together yet.

CGN Regular
    I'll Check it out. Disclaimer I'm no gunsmith