Page 138 of 143 FirstFirst ... 118128130131132133134135136137138139140141142143 LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1421

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Gatehouse;17462425]Just put this upper together.

6.5 Grendel IBI barrel

I put it on an already assembled lower from a .223 M4 style carbine so I could try it out quickly but will be putting the other lower together later today. Less muzzle blast than I was expecting but the combination of a short barrel and no semi automatic system makes the recoil more pronounced than my 19" barrel semi grendel. Nothing to really worry about but it's there. Moose hunting takes precedence now so it will be awhile before I work up loads and have a range report.

I'm hoping to find a similar style scope to the Strike Eagle that is on it but a little lighter.

375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Just put this upper together.

6.5 Grendel 12.5" IBI barrel

I put it on an already assembled lower from a .223 M4 style carbine so I could try it out quickly but will be putting the other lower together later today. Less muzzle blast than I was expecting but the combination of a short barrel and no semi automatic system makes the recoil more pronounced than my 19" barrel semi grendel. Nothing to really worry about but it's there. Moose hunting takes precedence now so it will be awhile before I work up loads and have a range report.

I'm hoping to find a similar style scope to the Strike Eagle that is on it but a little lighter.

Made a few changes

Put on a NEA carbine stock, installed Trigger Tech trigger. It's got a Coronus 10" lightweight handguard and a FAB defense pistol grip. Muzzle device is some twisty prongy thing. I would have preferred a standard A2 flash hider but didn't have one in 5/8.

Comes in at 29.5" and 7lbs 6 oz with 5 rounds in the magazine. I can maybe knock off another inch with a A2 flash hider and I'll look at lighter scopes too. Magazine insertion is tight, feeding and extraction is stiffish. Brand new bolt and barrel extension so maybe everything needs to wear in a bit.

Super Moderator
    Here's another thought about blocking the gas port.
    If your low profile gas block is the type locked in place by setscrews on the bottom, one of the setscrews lines up with the gas passage in the block. Put the thing on upside down, and tighten the set screw against the gas port.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Another beautiful LPC build by one of our great customers.

10.5” .223 Barrel
    Troy Grip
    TNA Super MLOK rail
    TNA extended buffer tube
    TNA fake suppressor (brake version)
    Primary Arms Red Dot
    Magpul CTR stock

Keep your build photos coming... we love to see them!

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Another beautiful LPC build by one of our great customers.

10.5” .223 Barrel
    Troy Grip
    TNA Super MLOK rail
    TNA extended buffer tube
    TNA fake suppressor (brake version)
    Primary Arms Red Dot
    Magpul CTR stock

Keep your build photos coming... we love to see them!
    Finally got it out in the bush today, works great, no complaints! It will take some time to get used to the manual action, but it's really nice to have a familiar form factor to plink with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    installed Trigger Tech trigger. ]
    Did you, or anyone else with a TriggerTech trigger, find it an extremely tight fit?

Mine is so tight that I'm hesitant to even install it - it feels too much like forcing it in there - and I might just shelve the Triggertech for my AR (Rest in Prohibition, for now) and buy a more basic trigger unit for the LPC.
    “That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”
    ― George Orwell

CGN frequent flyer
    Triggertechs fit tight.
    The Special was moderately tight, but didn't take huge effort to line up. The Diamond was tight AF, the only thing that saved me was running anti-walk pins. The pins come with a bullet shaped cap that screws on to help line things up (once the pin is in, just unscrew the pointy cap and screw the end bolt in). Was able to wrestle the trigger with my fingers so it was somewhat close, and tap the pins in one at a time. Those anti-walk pins lined everything up without damaging the finish on the receiver or hurting anything.
    Both triggers work perfectly fine, but the Diamond won't be easy to remove in the future.

Trigger tech is tight but went in fine.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    We have a limited number of slightly blemished spare upper receivers available to order. https://spectreballistics.com/all-pr...iver-blem.html