Page 20 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021222324252627283040 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

BANNED
    I hope they are reasonably priced without the NR tax.....

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    Our goal is to create a reasonably prices product.

Material cost, machine time, and finishing are the big contributors to costing it. We are hoping to be on par with mid range billet receiver sets in terms of quality and price.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    NR tax aside, there's no way I'm paying what the going rate is on the NR semi auto receivers for one that's been neutered....

If they keep the price point "reasonable" as you say, I'll consider picking one up for a SBR build but I'll never pay a grand to replace any of my semi auto builds.

Kodiak can put out a complete rifle for just over a grand so I see NO reason this receiver set can't be priced affordably. As in nowhere near a grand.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Could these be cut from lower forgings? that would cut down on machine time

Tagged

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    NR tax aside, there's no way I'm paying what the going rate is on the NR semi auto receivers for one that's been neutered....

If they keep the price point "reasonable" as you say, I'll consider picking one up for a SBR build but I'll never pay a grand to replace any of my semi auto builds.

Kodiak can put out a complete rifle for just over a grand so I see NO reason this receiver set can't be priced affordably. As in nowhere near a grand.
    I wonder how much less work it is to design and create a straight pull receiver compared to a semi? It's basically the same rifle without the buffer system, and needs a proprietary bolt carrier for manual operation. I'd be happily surprised if it's cheaper than the MS/SLR sets. Hopefully the quality is vastly better than the WK, which shouldn't be hard to accomplish.

This likely won't be the only side action rifle available to us that takes AR-compatible parts. Talking to Marstar, the Troy straight pull rifle is currently waiting for its NR FRT. (first sample didn't meet minimum OAL due to the folding stock). If it's approved, we have more than one option to out AR parts on. Competition is a good thing.

If I'm still employed when they're released I'd be interested in a set.
    Will there be a supply of spare uppers built for these?

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    There seems to be a lot of questions regarding the price of our receiver set, and availability of uppers. Unfortunately at this time we do not have a price we can publish. What I can tell you is our design is simpler than a semi-auto to manufacturer, the lower uses less stock than semi-auto lowers. The price of a receiver set will be less than other semi-auto offerings. We will be making extra uppers from day one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    im interested. neat idea
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

Nice work - way to be proactive. Hopefully we don't need them though.....
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

Are there any new pics of the progress worth posting?