Page 23 of 143 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324252627282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

Under 500$, free case of ammo, free shipping, no tax, sub 1/2 moa guarantee with my niece bbl installed, chrome lined bores even on my existing barrels or no deal lol. We will pay what the market says we will pay. Look at the bcl 102.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Is anyone else thinking a 450 Bushmaster build as well? ...
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Should have called it the Blackface Carbine.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    So what makes an ATRS MS or Mac Defense receive set $1000+? Economy of scale, R&D cost, machine time/cost, labour cost in Canada etc etc

IMHO a mid-range billet receiver set in Canada is in the $750-850 price range.

We can only guess until they come up with a price.
    Like i said, these aren't modern sporter recievers, theyre substantially simpler. And the reason they cost 1000 dollars is NR tax, if you think the quality of a macdef set is worth 1000 well...if kodiak can produce an entire rifle and turn a profit on 1000 bucks (same quality as maccabee) youre delusional to think a streamlined manual action ar reciever cant be 500 and still turn a profit. If you want to pay more fantastic, ive already purchased a modern sporter set and itd be immoral to charge anywhere near that for this set. My .02 and i know for a fact many others agree.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    Like i said, these aren't modern sporter recievers, theyre substantially simpler. And the reason they cost 1000 dollars is NR tax, if you think the quality of a macdef set is worth 1000 well...if kodiak can produce an entire rifle and turn a profit on 1000 bucks (same quality as maccabee) youre delusional to think a streamlined manual action ar reciever cant be 500 and still turn a profit. If you want to pay more fantastic, ive already purchased a modern sporter set and itd be immoral to charge anywhere near that for this set. My .02 and i know for a fact many others agree.
    A lot of people are speculating what the price of our receiver set will be or how our receiver set is substantially simpler than others, and at this point they really shouldn't. The design is still evolving and manufacturing logistics haven't even been figured out yet. Speculating anything about the cost or simplicity of the action based on an early render is pointless. There are a lot of factors involved in determining the cost of the receiver set beyond how simple the design is or if Kodiak can sell an entire rifle for $1000 this should cost $500.... Things like finishing, machine time, labor, tooling and such are easy to factor in, but there's also insurance, R&D, warranty, freight, materials, e-commerce, demand, profit, etc. Since we're still in the initial prototype stages none of this has been formalized yet.

Few companies would ever mention the existence of a product in the early stages of development, but we feel that this rifle is important enough to warrant being open about it's development, even at such an early stage.

Remember, we haven't even completed a single functional prototype yet. We have 1 complete lower, and still need to do an upper and bolt body to even know if it will work.

When will we know what the price of the rifle will be? Probably some time in the spring we will have something formal, hopefully sooner. For now, our goal is to be on par with a mid-range billet receiver set (Less than $1000).

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ljones View Post
    Mine is going to be .458 Socom.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    I've got three 45-70 I don't need a 458 SOCOM...

I do shoot a Ruger American in 450 Bushmaster already = if this works and the evil looking parts are not also banned I'm going 6.8SPC and 450 BM.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

CGN Regular
    I'm in for a preorder. Probably two uppers and a lower.
    Insert clever signature here...

CGN frequent flyer
    At least one set, perhaps a couple of uppers if they are offered separately.

Quote Originally Posted by ljones View Post
    I am in!
    Would prefer a stainless barrel option - hopefully....
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.