Page 26 of 143 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627282930313233343646 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

Super Moderator
    A kit of your proprietary parts is going to be a winner!

GunNutz
    Can't wait for these to be ready.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Good morning CGN,

It's been awhile since we've had any visual progress to report, however don't worry we've been making great progress on the LPC. Over the weekend we managed to complete the first prototype upper, and assemble the first rifle. We will be making some minor changes to the upper in the next iteration to remove some sharp edges.

With a 20" pencil barrel, light weight 10" m-lok handguard, and a magpul stock, the rifle weights under 5lbs loaded. 5.1 lbs with the optic pictured. We are now working on the bolt body which we hope to have completed shortly.

We will have the rifle at the Edmonton gun show this weekend.

Congrats on your progress. It looks great but the only thing I would like to see done differently is to have the magwell angle back to the bottom of the trigger guard like this:

Attachment 325602
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Congrats on your progress. It looks great but the only thing I would like to see done differently is to have the magwell angle back to the bottom of the trigger guard like this:

Attachment 325602
    The flat magazine well is easier to manufacturer, and is one of things done to help keep the cost down. The entire lower can be done on a 3 axis CNC with minimal fixturing. If we were to angle the magazine well we would need another fixture and setup, or a 4th axis. Both options would add cost. It works just fine and is lighter, so at this point we have no plans to change it.

BANNED
    Pretty good, reminds me of the rifle "Q - the fix"

SO PUT ME DOWN FOR ONE.

Would be a great truck gun.

CGN Regular
    The flat magazine well is easier to manufacturer, and is one of things done to help keep the cost down. The entire lower can be done on a 3 axis CNC with minimal fixturing. If we were to angle the magazine well we would need another fixture and setup, or a 4th axis. Both options would add cost. It works just fine and is lighter, so at this point we have no plans to change it.
    Perhaps once production is up and running and the bugs worked out you could look at printing a plastic magwell addition to the rifle as an upgrade for those who like the angled look. A thought anyway...

Very good.

Pending price I'd be in for one. It'd give me something to hand my AR parts on and make the net loss of guns in the safe zero.
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    No. It's pointless on a bolt action.
    My Ruger American Ranch has it.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    this would only interest me in a larger frame for .308 class cartridges and dpms compatable.
    Hopefully that is in the future?

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    this would only interest me in a larger frame for .308 class cartridges and dpms compatable.
    Hopefully that is in the future?
    We do plan on offering a 308 variant as well.