Page 45 of 143 FirstFirst ... 253537383940414243444546474849505152535565 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wester View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but could one use the barrel of a S&W MP15 on this rig? I understand the gas block isn’t used but can one block it off?
    Yes you can use an M&P15 barrel with this. It will work fine. On our test rifles we have not plugged the gas port since they're covered by the handguard. We are going to make a "gas block" that can be used to block off the gas port for those that want it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Yes you can use an M&P15 barrel with this. It will work fine. On our test rifles we have not plugged the gas port since they're covered by the handguard. We are going to make a "gas block" that can be used to block off the gas port for those that want it.
    Excellent! Great work and looking forward to the progress reports.

Super Moderator
    [QUOTE=SpectreBallistics;16661221]Feb 01 Update:
    Good evening CGN,

We've been spending the last few weeks working on making the rifle feed and extract smoothly. A few things of note, a quality barrel is really important. Extraction will be difficult if your chamber is corroded or poorly finished. Also, really spicy ammo can cause extraction issues too. Overall the rifle is running very well now and we're essentially done all R&D at this point.[QUOTE]...

I suspect that the extraction issues are related to the lack of primary extraction inherent in the AR design. A smooth chamber obviously helps, while a rough, fouled chamber or hot ammunition aggravates the situation. Barring incorporating a camming provision, good, firm manipulation of the bolt handle is going to be a fact of life.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    Watching the video I found myself thinking what this would be like as a lever action set up = it would be really fast...
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Camp Cook, I think it'd be easier to just have the handle low enough that you can grasp it with your thumb and index finger and then pull the trigger with your middle finger like you're doing a "mad minute" with a SMLE.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Can you run a "bolt knob" on both sides simultaneously for ambi cycling?
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    Camp Cook, I think it'd be easier to just have the handle low enough that you can grasp it with your thumb and index finger and then pull the trigger with your middle finger like you're doing a "mad minute" with a SMLE.
    I was thinking a L shaped bolt handle or even a little bit bigger bolt handle might make operation a little easier so you can really yard on it.

Overall, I think it's pretty cool.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    I was thinking a L shaped bolt handle or even a little bit bigger bolt handle might make operation a little easier so you can really yard on it.

Overall, I think it's pretty cool.
    We're planning on offering more than one bolt knob option. The knob in the video and pictures is the basic model, we're working on a larger model as well.

I think this is great and plan on getting at least one.

BUT this could be so much better if the bolt was ambi or just left handed.
    With a heavy barrel, muzzle brake and bipod, mag dumps would still be pretty quick with a left hand bolt.
    I know you guys have a lot into it already but please consider making this a lot better for little extra to be added.
    Truth, Freedom and Justice for All.

Quote Originally Posted by AOWM View Post
    I think this is great and plan on getting at least one.

BUT this could be so much better if the bolt was ambi or just left handed.
    With a heavy barrel, muzzle brake and bipod, mag dumps would still be pretty quick with a left hand bolt.
    I know you guys have a lot into it already but please consider making this a lot better for little extra to be added.
    It's ambi. You can put the bolt knob on either side.