Page 89 of 143 FirstFirst ... 6979818283848586878889909192939495969799109 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just had a crazy though, don't know if it would be possible. Could you create an external bracket that could make the LPC a pump action rifle? What I'm thinking of would look kludgy, but might work. You attach a length of paired rails via mlok to the bottom of the handguard. Riding along those rails would ride a half handguard length section of mlok. I envision it working something like the slide drawer rails in a desk, perhaps even using ball bearings in the same manner. You would attach a foregrip or handstop to the front of the the mlok "railcar". To the back of the "railcar" you would attach a bracket. From the front of rifle, the bracket would be u-shaped. From the sides, the "arms" of the U-bracket would either be angled straight towards the charging handle holes, or form an L-shape, with the arm running to straight below the charging handle hole, and then going straight up. You could then use a longer bolt to go through a hole in the bracket to the charging handle. The other side of the bracket would connect to another copy of the charging handle on the other side.

Although it wouldn't be as clean looking as a dedicated pump action rifle, the advantage of my idea is you could take it off if you wanted to shoot prone or from a tripod.

Am I crazy, or would the above be possible?

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Just had a crazy though, don't know if it would be possible. Could you create an external bracket that could make the LPC a pump action rifle? What I'm thinking of would look kludgy, but might work. You attach a length of paired rails via mlok to the bottom of the handguard. Riding along those rails would ride a half handguard length section of mlok. I envision it working something like the slide drawer rails in a desk, perhaps even using ball bearings in the same manner. You would attach a foregrip or handstop to the front of the the mlok "railcar". To the back of the "railcar" you would attach a bracket. From the front of rifle, the bracket would be u-shaped. From the sides, the "arms" of the U-bracket would either be angled straight towards the charging handle holes, or form an L-shape, with the arm running to straight below the charging handle hole, and then going straight up. You could then use a longer bolt to go through a hole in the bracket to the charging handle. The other side of the bracket would connect to another copy of the charging handle on the other side.

Although it wouldn't be as clean looking as a dedicated pump action rifle, the advantage of my idea is you could take it off if you wanted to shoot prone or from a tripod.

Am I crazy, or would the above be possible?
    We have no plans on making the Light Practical Carbine a pump action.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ^
    Thanks for the response!

June 9 Update:

The first batch of uppers is complete and will be sent off to finishing shortly!

The first batch of bolt knobs is finished and en-route to us from anodizing.

The first batch of bolt bodies is well underway.

Today we are starting on lowers!

We started on lowers today!

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    We started on lowers today!

Looks good, although on a minor aesthetic note, is it necessary to write out "serial"? Seems kinda redundant.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polkey View Post
    Looks good, although on a minor aesthetic note, is it necessary to write out "serial"? Seems kinda redundant.
    Just for laughs spell it Cereal........
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    I like this.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    I like this.
    Could we work in some alpha characters.... like FTURDO00001
    CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!