Page 99 of 143 FirstFirst ... 7989919293949596979899100101102103104105106107109119 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    If I was to order an extra bolt handle;

Could a bolt handle be mounted to both sides at the same time?
    Yes, but it's kinda weird.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Weird it may be but I was thinking the same thing. So both right and left hand people could shoot without moving the bolt handle.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I actually see a use for both sides. If you are standing the handle is best on the right as in your vids. On the bench on the left makes sense when the rifle is held up by a bipod or sandbags. In this case the left hand handle mount allows the shooter to keep his grip undisturbed. Yea if I get one I would want two handles.

Cheers
    Moe
    Thank you Stanislav Petrov..... every living thing thanks you.

Looks promising, but it brings a tear to my eye hen you eat how you are removing the eyes away from the target. I guess with practice it may be more functional however I miss my AR's.
    CCFR — CSSA

Looks promising, but it brings a tear to my eye when you see how you are removing the eyes away from the target. I guess with practice it may be more functional however I miss my AR's.
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Looks promising, but it brings a tear to my eye when you see how you are removing the eyes away from the target. I guess with practice it may be more functional however I miss my AR's.
    Just takes some trigger time. Watch Mr Spectre (Last guy in video in grey tshirt and gloves) he's not losing the target.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Just takes some trigger time. Watch Mr Spectre (Last guy in video in grey tshirt and gloves) he's not losing the target.
    Yep. Everyone else in the video was shooting it for the first time. We're all 3 gun people use to our semi-autos too. And this was after a match and everyone is tired.

GunNutz
    Hi, any updates on the release of batch #1 ?
    CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by jeffven View Post
    Hi, any updates on the release of batch #1 ?
    Sorta.

Obviously we have delayed launching the first batch a bit. Without going into detail, before selling them we have to finish up some corporate administration stuff. Thanks to covid19, this is taking way longer than it should. We have the first batch complete, and the 2nd batch is well underway. We have not stopped, or even slowed down machining receiver sets. While everyone is anxious to get their gun, please be patient as this is currently out of our hands. Trust us, we want to get these things out the door!

On another note we have been doing a lot of testing, specifically with cheap components. We know a lot of people are going to use the cheapest barrels and bolts possible to build these. Unfortunately in many cases the quality just isn't there and this has caused extraction issues in our testing. We found this is related to chamber finish and tight headpace. These issues can be fixed, but that requires special tools. So people should be aware of that. If you're spending $800 on a receiver set, use good components and you'll have a good time. Faxon barrels are working great for us. Excellent accuracy, feeding, and extraction. White label cheapo barrels are not so good.

CGN frequent flyer
    Can you save us some grief and list the components that you have tried with a quick description of how they worked?