Page 87 of 143 FirstFirst ... 6777798081828384858687888990919293949597107 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman304 View Post
    What do the bolt knobs look like? Do they thread in? Will there be different bolt knobs available?
    Here's a potato quality photo of the finished knob. It's a simple and clean design made from aluminium. It's retained with a bolt. Very light, very simple, works great. We do plan on making different knobs for this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Here's a potato quality photo of the finished knob. It's a simple and clean design made from aluminium. It's retained with a bolt. Very light, very simple, works great. We do plan on making different knobs for this.

Amazing! Thanks for the quick reply!

Quote Originally Posted by tinman304 View Post
    Amazing! Thanks for the quick reply!
    We are also going to have spare knobs available for those who want one on both sides.
    Last edited by SpectreBallistics; 06-06-2020 at 09:23 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    Will the bolt carrier be held forward by something other than the gas rings on the bolt? I am wondering what happens if one were to aim this upwards with worn gas rings.

You know, in case I have to take on a flock of Corona bats or knock a samsquatch out of a tree or something.

I understand the cycle of operations of an AR. I

Quote Originally Posted by BabySeal View Post
    Will the bolt carrier be held forward by something other than the gas rings on the bolt? I am wondering what happens if one were to aim this upwards with worn gas rings.

You know, in case I have to take on a flock of Corona bats or knock a samsquatch out of a tree or something.

I understand the cycle of operations of an AR. I
    We originally designed a detent to hold it closed, however we immediately found the magazine spring works perfectly. Adds just the right amount of friction to keep everything closed and runs really smooth. Works are all angles. I put a sling on our test gun and ran up and down the stairs, carried it in all possible ways, and banged it on stuff. Works great. We're keeping things as simple as possible.

CGN Regular
    Is there a recommended manual of arms for this? Like for hunting vs bench shooting? Does to make more sense to keep your hand on the pistol grip and use your support hand to manipulate the bolt? Or just like a regular bolt action, use your pistol grip hand to manipulate the bolt?
    Insert clever signature here...

Quote Originally Posted by Jmassecar View Post
    Is there a recommended manual of arms for this? Like for hunting vs bench shooting? Does to make more sense to keep your hand on the pistol grip and use your support hand to manipulate the bolt? Or just like a regular bolt action, use your pistol grip hand to manipulate the bolt?
    Completely up to you. From a bench or prone I prefer the bolt knob on the left side, as a right hand shooter. For walking though the bush or shooting unsupported I prefer it on the right.

CGN Regular
    Completely up to you. From a bench or prone I prefer the bolt knob on the left side, as a right hand shooter. For walking though the bush or shooting unsupported I prefer it on the right.
    I guess your design makes it easy to swap for whatever purpose so that's cool. Smart.
    Insert clever signature here...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just an update for everyone... Uppers are coming along really well. The first finished upper from batch 1 came off the CNC on Friday. Bolt knobs are finished as well.

Nice work Spectre! I still think it looks way cool in plain aluminum. Has anyone tried to use Cerakote Clear on a firearm yet?