Page 91 of 143 FirstFirst ... 71818384858687888990919293949596979899101111 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Just a Friday update for everyone.... The lowers are coming along well. We finished the first operation on the lowers yesterday and are now moving onto the 2nd. We have our bolt knobs in hand from the finishers and they look great. I'll take some pics.

Typically we machine on Saturdays, however we will be taking this Saturday off for some much needed 3-gun. Don't worry, we'll be making chips on Sunday!
    These frequent updates are appreciated... and such a tease
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just a Friday update for everyone.... The lowers are coming along well. We finished the first operation on the lowers yesterday and are now moving onto the 2nd. We have our bolt knobs in hand from the finishers and they look great. I'll take some pics.

Typically we machine on Saturdays, however we will be taking this Saturday off for some much needed 3-gun. Don't worry, we'll be making chips on Sunday!
    Good luck with the update. Are you going to take the prototype LPC 3 gunning, and, if so, can we get some video? Thanks!

CGN Regular
    Anyone else think that a 6mm ARC would be an awesome option for their set?

Yes 6mm arc would be great

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    Having a simple, non restricted, modular rifle will be great for trying out a bunch of different calibre's for different things.

I am such a late adopter though. Seriously. For years, I swore up and down that 17hmr was just a fad. I'm still not convinced of the value in switching from .308 to 6.5mm.

But I am tempted to try out .450 Bushmaster for hunting. It's close country here.

7.62x39 is on my list too.

CGN frequent flyer

Were those aluminum chips or potato chips? How was 3-gun?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BabySeal View Post
    Having a simple, non restricted, modular rifle will be great for trying out a bunch of different calibre's for different things.

I am such a late adopter though. Seriously. For years, I swore up and down that 17hmr was just a fad. I'm still not convinced of the value in switching from .308 to 6.5mm.

But I am tempted to try out .450 Bushmaster for hunting. It's close country here.

7.62x39 is on my list too.
    I want to build a close range hunting rifle as well. Was looking at .300 HAM'R but I can't find a source for factory ammo in Canada unfortunately. I'd build my own, but I'm not quite set up yet.
    Insert clever signature here...

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Update: The first batch of bolt bodies are finished being nitride coated and are shipping to us! Lowers are coming along very nicely. We have stock cut up and tools ready to immediately start the next batch of rifles as soon as these are done.
    Last edited by SpectreBallistics; 06-17-2020 at 04:29 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmassecar View Post
    I want to build a close range hunting rifle as well. Was looking at .300 HAM'R but I can't find a source for factory ammo in Canada unfortunately. I'd build my own, but I'm not quite set up yet.
    I went with 6.5 Grendel. Ordered a 16" faxon barrel and bolt from TNA this morning. We will see how it goes. Can't wait to get my hands on the receiver. I think I'll have a nice tree stand deer rifle for this November.
    Insert clever signature here...

GunNutz
    Update: The first batch of bolt bodies are finished being nitride coated and are shipping to us! Lowers are coming along very nicely. We have stock cut up and tools ready to immediately start the next batch of rifles as soon as these are done.
    More pics please, enjoy seeing the progress.
    Thanks for the updates !
    Last edited by SpectreBallistics; 06-17-2020 at 04:30 PM.
    CCFR member