Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Action: Gun Ban is a Western Alienation Issue

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CLW .45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by homeboy1 View Post
    Can the Premiere not invoke the not withstanding clause as it relates to firearms legislation and perhaps the carbon tax as well?
    No.
    - Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.
    - All restrictions/prohibitions must be repealed.
    - Middle ground? What middle ground?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    Here is what I sent to the Premier's desk, my MLA and my MP yesterday. I encourage all Albertans to do the same.

As an Albertan, and taxpayer, I demand that my government take the necessary steps to fight for Alberta’s future:

a) I demand that the Government of Alberta draft and pass legislation to hold a referendum on equalization payments;

b) I demand that the Government of Alberta immediately end policing contracts with the RCMP in favour of an Alberta Provincial Police service;

c) I demand that the Government of Alberta take full control over pension, immigration, firearm regulation, and direct taxation;

and

d) If the Government of Alberta fails to adopt the measures outlined above, I confirm that I will NOT support your re-election, and I will support the Alberta Separatist Movement with my time, my money, and my vote.

Sincerely,
    Colin ******.
    Father, husband, landowner, master electrician, proud Albertan.

I encourage everyone to write a short letter to your MLA and MP.
    I like this!! Well Done!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CLW .45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    CLW is one of the No Compromise guys. I have no issue with that crew telling MP’s what they want, as we are all free to do so.

Maybe some guys in that crew don’t have regular interactions with the average non-gun owning public. From my own personal interactions, asking for CC and full auto at THIS time of the debate would be shooting us in the foot.

I’ve actually heard many non-gun owners state the Liberal gun ban is ridiculous, and will do nothing to stop gun crime. That’s the group we need to keep on our side. Their eyes will roll in the back of their heads if we come at them with full auto no compromise statements.

My own opinions, YMMV.
    I must correct one error in your post.

I am not one of the no compromise guys.

I routinely propose the following compromise, a middle ground if you will.

Repeal criminalization, prohibition, and the requirement to demonstrate need.

That, my friend, is a serious compromise.
    - Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.
    - All restrictions/prohibitions must be repealed.
    - Middle ground? What middle ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Planetmail 12 View Post
    I like this!! Well Done!!
    Please do the same, and share with friends, family, and co-workers.

No one is going to help us out of this mess, we have to do it ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelynx View Post
    I believe premier Kenney of Alberta is quite aware of the separatist cauldron that he is sitting on. Kenney is a federalist, and I think he hates guns.

Many citizens in Alberta think their province will turn into another Okotoks's where the federal police and army are unleashed upon their family and homes.

Laugh all you want to Cukier. You have your revenge. now enjoy it.
    What makes you think he hates guns? Serious question, it would be good to know what we are dealing with.

Absolutely firearm rights should be part of the New Deal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Glen Motz is my MP and he has been fighting for gun owners for awhile now. I have talked with him personally and he is a great guy to have on our side in Ottawa.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

CGN frequent flyer chopperbubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    I'd be happy with provincial firearm legislation. What's best for one province is not best for the others. If Ontario wants to ban semi autos why should Saskatchewan or Alberta suffer.
    Problem is, Northern ON is just as pro sport shooting/hunting as the West, and shares absolutely ZERO cultural values with the idiots in Toronto. You guys aren’t the only ones at the mercy of 905 voters. If Wexit ever becomes a reality, so too should a North/South divided Ontario province. Draw the line just above Muskoka, and let the chips fall as they may. Getting sick and tired of being blamed for GTA bangers shooting it out on the streets, parks, malls and schools, with smuggled handguns coming in via FN reserves, and then being told its my ‘military grade assault weapons’ that are the main problem, when in fact it’s Political Correctness and unelected Social Justice judges, that are doing the most damage.
    Last edited by chopperbubba; 10-24-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chopperbubba View Post
    Problem is, Northern ON is just as pro sport shooting/hunting as the West, and shares absolutely ZERO cultural values with the idiots in Toronto. You guys aren’t the only ones at the mercy of 905 voters. If Wexit ever becomes a reality, so too should a North/South divided Ontario province. Draw the line just above Muskoka, and let the chips fall as they may. Getting sick and tired of being blamed for GTA bangers shooting it out on the streets, parks, malls and schools, with smuggled handguns coming in via FN reserves, and then being told its my ‘military grade assault weapons’ that are the main problem, when in fact it’s Political Correctness and unelected Social Justice judges, that are doing the most damage.
    Exactly!! I live on the very fringe of the 905 and in our riding our votes were pretty much all for blue, but there are those in Ontario that have little to do with the greater GTA area
    “I felt a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi

CGN Regular Animatronic Fireman's Avatar
    Would Ontario Conservative government pursue that though? I seriously think that the provinces are different and giving them the power to determine what is best for their residents is a big compromise and sheds unpopular legislation from the federal government burden. Just because Western provinces wouldn't pursue this doesn't mean that Eastern provinces would.