Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: Action: Gun Ban is a Western Alienation Issue

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    "At last check, the votewexit FB group has gone from 5000 members prior to election night to 245,000 tonight and counting. I know that it's easy to join a group on failbook and a lot harder to follow through on it.....but this show's just how fed up the west is right now."

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    Actually, you do begin a negotiation with what you want, whether selling/buying a house or car, or obtaining redress of grievance.

When the Swiss were originally prohibited, I was quick to point out that they would remain in jeopardy until prohibition was repealed.

Look where we are now, because “our people” were happy to ask for “baby steps.”

Last time I looked, none of us are that young!
    In addition, I would remind you all that the gun situation has nothing, NOTHING, to do with logic or reason. There is no 'building a case' with regard to something that is not just a simple error, a matter of differing opinion. These things are deliberate, calculated, and purposeful, and if reason and logic were the solutions we would no longer be having this discussion. It is long past time to call this thing for what it actually is, rather than what you would prefer it be.
    By no means am I suggesting that no action be taken. Far from it. The West has needed redress of its many and various grievances for a long time; the firearms issue is only one facet of those wrongs. It just disheartens me when I see the latest call to action being based on premises that are patently, demonstrably, false. Careful rational argument is not lacking on our side; the problem is that the government is not interested in what we have to say. This has been shown over and again.
    Quite obviously, our objections are not germane to the wider agenda. Stop acting like all that was needed was finer clarification of our position.
    Lastly, I think the West should go. It's the only way to be sure. The cheap, easy options have all been pissed away over the years. We now are faced with a very short list of choices, all of which involve sacrifice, expense, and difficulty. As the rest of the world goes dark, perhaps we can keep the lights on here in Canada.
    //I deeply regret the thread drift.

Quote Originally Posted by chopperbubba View Post
    Problem is, Northern ON is just as pro sport shooting/hunting as the West, and shares absolutely ZERO cultural values with the idiots in Toronto. You guys aren’t the only ones at the mercy of 905 voters. If Wexit ever becomes a reality, so too should a North/South divided Ontario province. Draw the line just above Muskoka, and let the chips fall as they may. Getting sick and tired of being blamed for GTA bangers shooting it out on the streets, parks, malls and schools, with smuggled handguns coming in via FN reserves, and then being told its my ‘military grade assault weapons’ that are the main problem, when in fact it’s Political Correctness and unelected Social Justice judges, that are doing the most damage.
    I wonder if we could ever get to a place where the GTA is fenced off and left to its own devices, since that is what they clearly want (no more polluting influences from the GWN). The rest of the province goes back to the old county system and looks after itself, at the local level, and stops sending tribute south so that the TTC can expand to nowhere. The contempt with which we are held by those idiots in the GTA is breathtaking; they consider the rest of Ontario useful only as a playground (ask me how I know). The rural-urban divide is very much alive and well here in the centre of Canada, you may be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by halfdar View Post
    I wonder if we could ever get to a place where the GTA is fenced off and left to its own devices, since that is what they clearly want (no more polluting influences from the GWN). The rest of the province goes back to the old county system and looks after itself, at the local level, and stops sending tribute south so that the TTC can expand to nowhere. The contempt with which we are held by those idiots in the GTA is breathtaking; they consider the rest of Ontario useful only as a playground (ask me how I know). The rural-urban divide is very much alive and well here in the centre of Canada, you may be sure.

Hell make the boundary anything north of highway 9 is north Ontario and south is south Ontario.

Stoney Creek does not need Hamilton to survive

Quote Originally Posted by coolzak View Post
    In a meeting with Blair i told him any ban would inflame separatism. His answer was only me and one guy is Saskatoon have this opininion voiced so we are wrong.
    That is the reason why everyone needs to make your voice heard, right now.

This post is turning into discussion on many other issues - but please focus on the clear and present issue which is the Liberals' promise during the election, and the opportunity to include firearms issue that is coming up in discussion amongst political leaders.

This means everyone please, especially those in the west, ensure their Premiers, CPC MP and PC MPP include firearms in any discussion on the topic western alienation.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    That is the reason why everyone needs to make your voice heard, right now.

This post is turning into discussion on many other issues - but please focus on the clear and present issue which is the Liberals' promise during the election.

Let's focus on making sure the firearms issue is included in any discussion concerning western alienation amongst the political leaders, which is coming soon. This means everyone please, especially those in the west, ensure their Premiers, CPC MP and PC MPP include firearms in any discussion.
    It's going to happen this time around, people are fed up and not taking political chit chat and "addressing" things as an answer anymore, just gotta keep the tires rotating.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    No.
    Could you please explain why Jason Kenny can't use the not withstanding clause. I was under the impression this is something he could do.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ange-1.5331773

So, as much as I loath the CBC, have a look at that story.

I think conservatives have a *FAR* better case suing for damages with regard to many Liberal policies. Carbon (and various environmental) taxes which the government collects to the general coffers under false pretenses, financial damages to gun owners/sellers due to dubious legislation (e.g. long arm registry, C-71, new pending legislation), the failure to properly develop and commercially exploit Alberta oil resources, etc...

Anybody game to set up a go-fund-me and file a class action lawsuit? If the people puppeting the kids think it's a good idea, we should probably do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by chopperbubba View Post
    Problem is, Northern ON is just as pro sport shooting/hunting as the West, and shares absolutely ZERO cultural values with the idiots in Toronto. You guys aren’t the only ones at the mercy of 905 voters. If Wexit ever becomes a reality, so too should a North/South divided Ontario province. Draw the line just above Muskoka, and let the chips fall as they may. Getting sick and tired of being blamed for GTA bangers shooting it out on the streets, parks, malls and schools, with smuggled handguns coming in via FN reserves, and then being told its my ‘military grade assault weapons’ that are the main problem, when in fact it’s Political Correctness and unelected Social Justice judges, that are doing the most damage.
    Exactly!

I might have to move a little further north if we use your line above Muskoka.