Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Action: Gun Ban is a Western Alienation Issue

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    I'd be happy with provincial firearm legislation. What's best for one province is not best for the others. If Ontario wants to ban semi autos why should Saskatchewan or Alberta suffer.
    We need to stick together. Don’t help screw over those of us stuck in Ontario just to save your own skins!
    CSSA and CCFR member

Thanks for taking the lead on this GT
    Last edited by dizzy; 10-24-2019 at 11:13 AM.

CGN Regular
    Not sure what the fuss is about - Trudeau lied about everything but pot in his 2015 campaign. The odds are pretty high that he's lied about everything in this one too!

Agreed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    email sent to my local MP (NDP)

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    Actually, you do begin a negotiation with what you want, whether selling/buying a house or car, or obtaining redress of grievance.

When the Swiss were originally prohibited, I was quick to point out that they would remain in jeopardy until prohibition was repealed.

Look where we are now, because “our people” were happy to ask for “baby steps.”

Last time I looked, none of us are that young!
    The problem is this isn't a negotiation at all. If I look at history, incremental steps at the most appropriate time is exactly what works. Going all out generally doesn't.

BANNED
    Just a suggestion, before sending off email or letters we could get our peers on here to review some of our ramblings as many of us know what we would like to say but some are just that much better at putting those words into meaningful text without sounding like babbling fools.

Draft copies of what you want to say, review it a few times yourself and present it to someone you know and trust to tune it up.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    Or you know, the public probably doesn't want full auto and concealed carry because the public are sheep.

nO cOmPrOmIsE - is all I basically get from your posts. You can't go from our gun laws today and skip ahead to full auto, there has to be some steps in between to climb. You've been trying the "a gun is a gun is a gun" approach for a while now, has ANY MP ever responded to you "yes sir boomer sir I agree with you"

Because I doubt any MP has replied agreeing that a gun is a gun, let canadians have any gun they want.
    Actually, you would skip back to full auto, not ahead. The same as we skipped back from the long gun registry, not ahead.

To me it’s bigger than guns. I am from NB and in solidarity with the west if it decides to separate. They pay more than their share to support the confederation and receive not nothing but worse than nothing obstructions from Quebec Ontario to make their lives harder. The west is not looking for a handout the federal government pandering to Quebec is making it impossible to bring oil to market. Making Americans wealthy the west poor. If that is what it means to be a Canadian now I am sorry for the sacrifices I made in defending it.
    Last edited by JBD; 10-23-2019 at 10:55 PM.

You are right on with this post!
    GOD, GUNS & GOLD - Three Gs I seek