Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Action: Gun Ban is a Western Alienation Issue

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Many of us in the firearms community voted for the CPC, and many of us are in Alberta and Sask. It is time to remind the MPs we elect to push forth our issues concerning firearms if there is going to be open negotiation with the Federal government.

This is an opportunity where we can get our elected federal CPC MPs and PC provincial MPPs to bring our issue to the bargaining table with Trudeau ( the reason we support them in the first place ) If there is going to be a grand bargain between the west and the Fed, we need to make sure the Liberals know that the "Toronto" gun ban has the same weight as carbon tax and the pipeline road block, which will not be accepted by the constituents in the Western provinces.

Not going to watch the video because I know the lying sack of crap can't be trusted for one second. Every word that comes out of his filthy sewer of a mouth is a fetid lie.

CGN frequent flyer
    Many of us in the firearms community voted for the CPC, and many of us are in Alberta and Sask. It is time to remind the MPs we elect to push forth our issues concerning firearms if there is going to be open negotiation with the Federal government.

This is an opportunity where we can get our elected federal CPC MPs and PC provincial MPPs to bring our issue to the bargaining table with Trudeau ( the reason we support them in the first place ) If there is going to be a grand bargain between the west and the Fed, we need to make sure the Liberals know that the "Toronto" gun ban has the same weight as carbon tax and the pipeline road block, which will not be accepted by the constituents in the Western provinces.

That makes sense, assuming the gun bans are on the table. The politicos need to know which parts of the liberal agenda are going to survive. So far he is hoping to not do a coalition, and to play divide and conquer bill by bill. That would leave him with very few actual legislative options. He can't pass any bills that will destroy support he needs for the few bills he can pass. And they are hinting they may seek out support ad hoc, not going to just one party. That means there are a smaller number of bills they can pass that if they even had a coalition partner of like mind.

If guns were off the table, and pipelines are on, you want to spend political capital on things that can be done.

CGN Regular dark.side.of.the.moon's Avatar
    Western alienation is the hottest topic right now. SK Premier Scott Moe has just demanded a new deal with the Federal Government, and Justin Trudeau at least openly admits western alienation is an issue his government is facing. He said he will work with "other parties".

For gun owners in western province, it is time to immediately make sure both your Federal MPs and Provincial MPPs understand the Liberals' gun ban platform is a large part of the Western Alienation issue along with carbon tax and the pipeline. We need to get the western MPs and MPPs to include the gun ban issue in part of this "new deal" and any negotiation that may follow.

If you are not in the western provinces, please emphasize to your MP the need to include the western provinces and the importance of unity. This is the best way we have on table to repel the Liberals gun ban platform.
    Well said , I fully agree and will do .

I am a very proud to live in Alberta and have very strong conservative values . That being said I wrote to the Liberal party and Mr. Justin Trudeau after the election . Please let me explain why and what I said .

Justin Trudeau said in his address to Canada he wants to hear from everyone who didn’t vote for him and try to earn the votes he did not receive . So after respectfully congratulating him , I explained to him why my vote was not for him .

1. I explained to him that his party’s actions and attitude towards firearms owners probably lost him close to a million votes on that single issue . I explained to him the importance of semi auto rifles and handgun to sport shooters . I explain to him that criminals are the real problem and that any law-bidding gun owner would support measures that target criminals. I also explained that targeting law-bidding voters property and passion would leave a life lasting scar in the minds of any voters the Liberals would like to sway into their party. I also explained that this is a sport that is pasted down through generations and with it that lasting scar would also we pasted . I recommended working with gun owners to think of forward thinking solution to targeting gun crimes rather than a quick fix gun control lobbyists can brag about .
    2. His attitude toward the Canadian oil and gas industry . We have the cleanest industry in the world respecting workers , the environment and all of Canada . This is something we should always be proud of and promote regardless of what province we are speaking in .
    3. His attitude towards western Canada ( I don’t think I need to explain more )

Anyway this was my list I’m sure you have yours . If the liberal party gets a few hundred letters like this maybe they would listen ... maybe not.. but he did asked for people’s opinions like him or hate him that is the first step toward change .
    Last edited by dark.side.of.the.moon; 10-24-2019 at 12:20 AM.

CGN Regular
    Sent email to my mp

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Wexit! The east can fend for themselves. After all that's where federal government is elected, out west we have no say in the matter and it is very obvious.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

CGN Regular
    It's nice to see that as soon as something goes wrong everybody jumps ship. Talk about a "community"! Not everyone in Quebec and Ontario are pink haired liberals, some of us actually work hard for a living and want our rights to be respected. A few decades ago the money was coming from Quebec and all of Canada was making fun of them for wanting to separate.

Rather than creating dissensions among Canadians the figureheads of the resistance against liberal attacks on our values should present a united front.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershwin View Post
    It's nice to see that as soon as something goes wrong everybody jumps ship. Talk about a "community"! Not everyone in Quebec and Ontario are pink haired liberals, some of us actually work hard for a living and want our rights to be respected. A few decades ago the money was coming from Quebec and all of Canada was making fun of them for wanting to separate.

Rather than creating dissensions among Canadians the figureheads of the resistance against liberal attacks on our values should present a united front.
    A few decades ago the money was coming from Quebec??? The money from Alberta was GOING to Quebec from Alberta and still is even though it is now blocking our oil from going east. We can't afford to pay 10's of billions anymore in free shyt for Quebec unless we can keep working and ship our oil so the gravy train can continue for QC.
    Last edited by FreedomIsn'tFree; 10-24-2019 at 12:48 AM.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

BANNED

I pick my front as The Republic of Western Canada.

The 'gun ban' was simply the straw that broke the camels back. The West is tired of being taken advantage of, we are tired of being treated like crap, and alot of us want out.

What part of Canada is United? It is clearly divided into 3 parts. Red, blue, and light blue.

Canada is dead..

CGN Regular

It actually doesn't matter if you really believe in western separation. The point is, we should all be using it as leverage to convince Trudope to back off gun bans, as the OP said. Easterners should be writing their MP saying gun bans are alienating the west and should be abandoned in the interest of national unity, westerners should be writing saying we're going to separate if they try to ban guns, ignore our votes, etc. It doesn't matter if it's "true" it matters that we make the vapid manchild in Ottawa believe it is.

I really think we should hit suppressor ownership hard
    If Canada banned guns in 1812 and it was not for armed volunteers we would be saying the pledge of allegiance right now. Call me a true Canadian but I believe the annual day we burned the white house down should be a paid holiday.