Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Action: Gun Ban is a Western Alienation Issue

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Western alienation is the hottest topic right now. SK Premier Scott Moe has just demanded a new deal with the Federal Government, and Justin Trudeau at least openly admits western alienation is an issue his government is facing. He said he will work with "other parties".

For gun owners in western province, it is time to immediately make sure both your Federal MPs and Provincial MPPs understand the Liberals' gun ban platform is a large part of the Western Alienation issue along with carbon tax and the pipeline. We need to get the western MPs and MPPs to include the gun ban issue in part of this "new deal" and any negotiation that may follow.

If you are not in the western provinces, please emphasize to your MP the need to include the western provinces and the importance of unity. This is the best way we have on table to repel the Liberals gun ban platform.
    The Following may help your idea and thread
    The bloc is in Quebec gun country and this Liberal comment, may apply to them also:
    Some here said that Liberals will never support firearms owners and from the Party leadership in 2019 that is True, however they are now in a Minority, they lost Ralph Goodale (probably had his riding of some/many? firearms owners expelled him on Monday). Alberta and Sask expelled the liberals completely and Trudeau is today not as arrogant as he was on Monday night. And a new term for the West has become public 'Wexit". Some of the PM's people if not the PM himself realize they have gone too far and people are sorely pissed with the liberal

Where am I going with this. With a Liberal minority and the loss of the popular vote the PM and the PMO is in less of a position to whip the vote and vote time; especially when MPs say remember what happened to Ralph Goodale? It this light and because many liberal riding have a lot of gun people in them they dont want to have to fight and insurgency and many liberals privately know this gun confiscation is too far for people who have never been the criminal or crazy problem. In voting for us, perhaps its better being re-elected Rather that joining Ralph and others for EI? Maybe these MPs will throw this gun crap under the bus rather than their own jobs; - like Ralph Naked self interest can be useful sometimes

How many Liberals in this minority Govt will break with the party line out of self preservation if noting else? Remember they also lost the popular vote and that should hit home

Keep the ideas coming. There is a way to work this problem but we need to stay positive, defiant and constructive with the plain truth on our side and nothing to apologize for folks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Longarm9 View Post
    It actually doesn't matter if you really believe in western separation. The point is, we should all be using it as leverage to convince Trudope to back off gun bans, as the OP said. Easterners should be writing their MP saying gun bans are alienating the west and should be abandoned in the interest of national unity, westerners should be writing saying we're going to separate if they try to ban guns, ignore our votes, etc. It doesn't matter if it's "true" it matters that we make the vapid manchild in Ottawa believe it is.
    It is true! The west is sick and tired and we've had enough and the movement is exploding here now.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    It is true! The west is sick and tired and we've had enough and the movement is exploding here now.
    I've been saying for years and years that the Westminster parliamentary system is garbage, that our politically appointed senate is less than worthless, and that our constitution is pathetically weak in failing to properly safeguard the most important right - the right to defend our person and life with whatever force is reasonably necessary, and the right to the tools required to do so, namely firearms.

I am definitely beyond fed up with elections being decided by morons in Toronto before our polls even close.

I've devoted most of my adult life to defending Canada and Canadian society in one way or another, first as a soldier, and then as a peace officer, but I'm very sadly beginning to think that Canada is a failed experiment and it's time for a western republic of BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Puts me in a rather difficult situation, personally lol I have five kids, one of whom has special needs, and my wife stays home full time, and I get paid from the federal bank account. It's definitely going to be interesting to see how things go. I'm starting to think if it comes down to a vote to separate those three provinces I mentioned and form a republic, I'll vote yes. It must be a republic, however, and it must have a bill of rights similar to the US one, including firearm rights.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    That’s it?

Include the gun ban issue?

Are you saying we should tell them we’ll be happy if they just prevent the latest round of gun bans?
    What he is saying is address the real issues at hand with your representatives, which is legal firearms owners are not the issue in Canada. Let your representatives know that you want judicial reform regarding gun crime here in Canada and that the current laws and standards and lack of prosecution regarding gun crime is an absolute farce.

Let your reps know we want to prevent gun crime in Canada with forward thinking initiatives for young kids to keep them away from the dark side. Let's teach them about mindfulness and meditation, about core values, and let it be known that they don't have to prop themselves up with a false sense of bravado. As a taxpayer I would happily pay more taxes to increase the welfare of our next generations. This could even include teaching kids about finances and taxes, and giving them skill sets in life...this gets a bit wild here because I am talking about reforming the current school system. However, it sure beats spending a billion dollars buying back licensed firearms. And let's be honest what we are doing right now isn't working in many avenues here in Canada.

Yes we are all upset about the potential of losing our property, but in the same token I believe we are also enraged by the fact that our Canada and its citizens are victims of a propaganda machine. Let's hold these people accountable by putting forward solutions and ideas that will benefit this country...just don't write and say "hey, I want to keep my guns because they are my property." We are such an archaic country at times. Let's be the change that we want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Longarm9 View Post
    I've been saying for years and years that the Westminster parliamentary system is garbage, that our politically appointed senate is less than worthless, and that our constitution is pathetically weak in failing to properly safeguard the most important right - the right to defend our person and life with whatever force is reasonably necessary, and the right to the tools required to do so, namely firearms.

I am definitely beyond fed up with elections being decided by morons in Toronto before our polls even close.

I've devoted most of my adult life to defending Canada and Canadian society in one way or another, first as a soldier, and then as a peace officer, but I'm very sadly beginning to think that Canada is a failed experiment and it's time for a western republic of BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Puts me in a rather difficult situation, personally lol I have five kids, one of whom has special needs, and my wife stays home full time, and I get paid from the federal bank account. It's definitely going to be interesting to see how things go. I'm starting to think if it comes down to a vote to separate those three provinces I mentioned and form a republic, I'll vote yes. It must be a republic, however, and it must have a bill of rights similar to the US one, including firearm rights.
    Well said and we think very much alike. My family is also dependent upon the Federal Government for approximately half of my income as the result of life-changing, severely debilitating physical wounds suffered abroad. That said, my Pain and Suffering Benefits are the debt owed me for the disabilities directly associated with my military service to Canada. Those benefits are payable to qualified recipients regardless of where they happen to reside, so provided the Canadian Government remains solvent and continues its financial obligations uninterrupted, my family should be financially secure regardless of what the Western provinces decide to do. Presumably Alberta and any other Western Prairie provinces seeking secession from confederaton would accept a proportional slice of the financial responsiblity of caring for the former Canada's disabled veterans, given the role that we fulfilled and the risks that we accepted on the direct behalf of Canadians. However there is an element of inevitable uncertainty associated with change. I have considered the possibility that I could be left without my non-insured disability benefits and weighed the relative importance of that income against my desire to raise my children in a society that values freedom of choice and demands individual responsibility. The ability to live within a just, conservative society trumps money for me, so I openly support Wexit. Let the chips fall where they may. Alberta's future is much brighter without the straitjacket of obstructionist Canadian policy and negative attitudes towards the responsible and ethical exploitation of the province's natural resources. Alberta would be far better off, even alone. Together with at least one or more additional Western Provinces, you have a genuine Region with even more diversified economic potential and human capital than any province possesses alone. #Wexit has increased its on-line membership from just 10K to over 250K in just over 48 hours since the election. Think about it. This is no idle exercise in mental masturbation - we are serious. The failure of confederation and the secession of the Western Prairie provinces need not be a "doom and gloom" scenario like a bad divorce. Far from it - for Alberta this could be the beginning of a very exciting and interesting period in the Region's history! I for one can't wait to see it all unfold in the fullness of time...
    Mark C

Western alienation is the hottest topic right now. SK Premier Scott Moe has just demanded a new deal with the Federal Government, and Justin Trudeau at least openly admits western alienation is an issue his government is facing. He said he will work with "other parties".

For gun owners in western province, it is time to immediately make sure both your Federal MPs and Provincial MPPs understand the Liberals' gun ban platform is a large part of the Western Alienation issue along with carbon tax and the pipeline. We need to get the western MPs and MPPs to include the gun ban issue in part of this "new deal" and any negotiation that may follow.

If you are not in the western provinces, please emphasize to your MP the need to include the western provinces and the importance of unity. This is the best way we have on table to repel the Liberals gun ban platform.
    It's not just about the West regarding firearms, It's all of Canadians...We as gun owners need to reinforce that we did not support him and that's why he is in a minority...Go after the gangbangers and other criminals..Don't go after legal gun owners...We are not the problem.
    NRA CSSA CCFR
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    So, are you saying that you are okay with them just preventing your guns from being banned?

Which is the same as saying that you don’t give a #### about those whose guns have already been banned.

Great way to get support.
    I was directly affected by the confiscations in the 90's so i know exactly what it's like / what's at stake. I think the point is to stop any new attempted confiscation style action in the short term. No one has to be happy about it but that's the short term goal we face right now. Ultimately there is no doubt that the scrapping of the FA and a full re-write of those acts is required among other things. This is not a sympathetic govt to our issues so it's actions must be stalled / delayed until a friendlier govt assumes power.

Charging at the Libtards demanding free open carry and 2A type tights when they made this such an election issue that the ignorant support is not exactly good timing right now and will not carry any weight.
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

I am offering a tactical move for gun owners who can act on.

There are many issues, and I cannot pretend to be able to offer act-able options even for a few of the many issue. That's why we have a Prime Minister to deal with ti.

But for guns and guns only, this is an actionable option that can be accomplished by all of us, with most probably traction and possible success.
    Good idea! Preventing the ban of 250,000 rifles and further ineffective restrictions will be a big step; we need to show our non-firearms owning fellow Canadians that the positives of civilian firearms ownership far away the negatives. We’re fighting a powerful narrative that taking away gun owners property and rights will prevent violence. We need to keep showing that Canada’s firearm industry and legal firearm owners are responsible members of society and have nothing to do with the criminal use of guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    CLW is one of the No Compromise guys. I have no issue with that crew telling MP’s what they want, as we are all free to do so.

Maybe some guys in that crew don’t have regular interactions with the average non-gun owning public. From my own personal interactions, asking for CC and full auto at THIS time of the debate would be shooting us in the foot.

I’ve actually heard many non-gun owners state the Liberal gun ban is ridiculous, and will do nothing to stop gun crime. That’s the group we need to keep on our side. Their eyes will roll in the back of their heads if we come at them with full auto no compromise statements.

My own opinions, YMMV.
    Completely agree.

I have been cheering for the WEXIT for some time, but I do that to give Alberta Premier an advantage, a tool, a weapon in his efforts to deal with Turdeu. WEXIT in my opinion is not going to solve any economical issue...