Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1424262728293031323334

Thread: Action: Gun Ban is a Western Alienation Issue

CGN Ultra frequent flyer slarsen47's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaribooBC View Post
    It's really not about the East vs West...... It's more about Urban vs Rural. Here in BC, we are a province divided. The "Big Smoke" aka Vancouver and the Interior of BC are two very distinct societies.
    Essential, important valid point, right on!!

Even here in Alberta, the two big cities we used to count on..........not so much any more.
    I stand for freedom, law and order, justice, low taxes, prosperity, healthy lifestyle and property rights.

But I am "old school" and can see the "writing on the wall".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Longarm9 View Post
    I just sent this to my MP (Conservative):

Hello Mr. Strahl,

Firstly, congratulations on your re-election. I voted early, and my vote was for you. I was surely hoping to topple the most disastrous government and the most corrupt Prime Minister in Canadian history, but unfortunately we in the west have once again been cheated out of our political voice by an unfair distribution of ridings that heavily favours the east. If there weren't at least 23 more ridings in the east that should be in the west based on population, we would have Andrew Scheer as our PM right now.

Having said that, we have much work ahead of us, and I hope you will continue being a strong voice in parliament, as you have consistently been. I am writing to you to bring up the issue of Justin Trudeau's proposed gun bans. The liberals know full well that gun bans do absolutely nothing to reduce crime, and only target law abiding gun owners.

What I hope you will also help make very clear to him and his government is that gun bans are absolutely unacceptable, especially in the west, and they are one of many factors driving western alienation. The lawful, responsible use of firearms is a cherished and very long standing tradition in the west, and we will absolutely not tolerate his outrageous attack on our property rights. I hope you make it clear to him that if he wants to have any shred of hope of saving the federation, he had better hard reverse on gun bans and start actually targeting criminals and their smuggling networks, not law abiding target shooters, hunters and competition shooters.

It may already be too late, to be perfectly frank. Western Canada is beyond sick of the eastern provinces dictating to us, sucking up our resources and giving us essentially nothing in return. There is a very real possibility that if Justin Trudeau attempts to steal the lawful property of Canadian gun owners, he will be driving the last nail in the coffin of confederation and igniting the spark that leads to the west separating from Canada forever. I hope you will make this issue clear to him, as I am confident you will be hearing similar sentiments from other constituents in the near future.
    Very well written.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Regular
    "It may already be too late, to be perfectly frank. Western Canada is beyond sick of the eastern provinces dictating to us, sucking up our resources and giving us essentially nothing in return. There is a very real possibility that if Justin Trudeau attempts to steal the lawful property of Canadian gun owners, he will be driving the last nail in the coffin of confederation and igniting the spark that leads to the west separating from Canada forever. I hope you will make this issue clear to him, as I am confident you will be hearing similar sentiments from other constituents in the near future."

I believe it is already too late. The attack on farmers seals it in my opinion.

Absolutely the damn tree huggers have taken over

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Calgary View Post
    "It may already be too late, to be perfectly frank. Western Canada is beyond sick of the eastern provinces dictating to us, sucking up our resources and giving us essentially nothing in return. There is a very real possibility that if Justin Trudeau attempts to steal the lawful property of Canadian gun owners, he will be driving the last nail in the coffin of confederation and igniting the spark that leads to the west separating from Canada forever. I hope you will make this issue clear to him, as I am confident you will be hearing similar sentiments from other constituents in the near future."

I believe it is already too late. The attack on farmers seals it in my opinion.
    Wondering how big a bubble citiots live in, in the Fraser Valley and Alberta?Thinking out loud, wondering if people in suburban and bedroom communities of Vancouver, edmonton, Calgary pay any attention to farm land in their commutes? Will redmonton and Calgary go conservative?
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.