Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liability Insurance vs Legal Expense Insurance Whats the Difference?

Expired Business Member

Liability Insurance vs Legal Expense Insurance Whats the Difference?

Hi CGN!

A constant misunderstanding I run across is people thinking that liability insurance and legal expense insurance cover the same things.

When you join an outdoors/firearms association in Canada (E.g CSSA)you receive third party liability coverage included in your membership. We can get into way more detail on the subject of liability but for the sake of this post I'll keep it simple. In short, liability insurance covers you if you negligently hurt someone or damage someones property and they sue you for it. The key is that a third party must get hurt or a third parties property must be damage for a liability policy to respond.

Firearm Legal Defence responds if you're wrongfully charged with a number of covered firearms charges IE Improper Storage, Transportation, Use, Handling or Display of a firearm.

Liability and Legal Expense are a compliment to one another as they each cover claims that the other does not. Be sure to carry both should you wish to have full protection and don't think that by having one you don't need the other.

If you have any questions please feel free to comment below and i'll answer as best I can or you can contact me directly as well.

- Zach S
    - zschwing@capricmw.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well worth it ..just for piece of mind knowing you have someone on your side

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Unfortunately this won't do *&^$%) when/if they come for your guns right? They are legally able to do it because they passed a law (or will pass a law) saying they can?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    Unfortunately this won't do *&^$%) when/if they come for your guns right? They are legally able to do it because they passed a law (or will pass a law) saying they can?
    Unfortunately that is correct. This program is for when you follow the law and get charged anyways. Here's hoping it doesn't come to that....hoping.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Capri Insurance View Post
    Unfortunately that is correct. This program is for when you follow the law and get charged anyways. Here's hoping it doesn't come to that....hoping.
    This ####ing world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Capri Insurance View Post
    Hi CGN!

A constant misunderstanding I run across is people thinking that liability insurance and legal expense insurance cover the same things.

When you join an outdoors/firearms association in Canada (E.g CSSA)you receive third party liability coverage included in your membership. We can get into way more detail on the subject of liability but for the sake of this post I'll keep it simple. In short, liability insurance covers you if you negligently hurt someone or damage someones property and they sue you for it. The key is that a third party must get hurt or a third parties property must be damage for a liability policy to respond.

Firearm Legal Defence responds if you're wrongfully charged with a number of covered firearms charges IE Improper Storage, Transportation, Use, Handling or Display of a firearm.

Liability and Legal Expense are a compliment to one another as they each cover claims that the other does not. Be sure to carry both should you wish to have full protection and don't think that by having one you don't need the other.

If you have any questions please feel free to comment below and i'll answer as best I can or you can contact me directly as well.

- Zach S
    - zschwing@capricmw.ca
    So, civil vs. criminal liability?

Delete

Following the law?

Why would you be charged if you followed the law? Is this malicious prosecution insurance?

If I make an honest mistake am I on my own?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lintocs View Post
    Why would you be charged if you followed the law? Is this malicious prosecution insurance?

If I make an honest mistake am I on my own?
    Have a look at our website for some claims examples https://firearmlegaldefence.com/gun-...sed-gun-owner/. This gentleman was charged with improper storage as the charging officer misidentified the firearm.

you also get unlimited access to the Telephone Legal Advice service. This service allows you to speak with a lawyer about an personal legal matter and is a great way to avoid making honest mistakes by knowing the rules.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squidxm View Post
    This ####ing world we live in.
    Couldn't agree with you more!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast