Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 356789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Temporary firearms storage in the United States we have an couple options for you.

Quote Originally Posted by can14 View Post
    At one time, as a licenced importer and dealer, you
    could keep guns in a duty free zone and import them as you needed them or export them instead.
    I have done it , but that was year's ago
    Are you referring to customs bonded storage?

Not in the cards for me but thank you for offering this solution to those who may choose to use it

good for them to offer somthing. If people want it they pay it. Just to bad this is even a conversation people are having.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    "If you had purchased your firearm from IRUNGUNS or we had imported your firearm..."

Do we have to be the original purchaser of the firearm? I just picked up a used gun that has very distinctive stamps on the box - just the kind IRG uses to mark when duty/shipping etc are paid. I'm pretty sure this was a private import or purchase from IRG but I'm not the original purchaser. Do you have records to find out if this gun eligible to be taken back to the USA as well? Not that I'm eager to do it, mostly just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by KotKotofeich View Post
    Do you have records to find out if this gun eligible to be taken back to the USA as well?
    You mean a registry?
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    You mean a registry?
    Lol

How else do they know that they were the importers of the gun into Canada? Because if they rely simply on what we tell them, then I expect that they will be surprised at how many otherwise ineligible firearms they actually imported into Canada... including some Colt Canada made ones... or SwissArms... :P

Well this just got more interesting.

How would one go about exporting to the US, and then taking possession of said guns while being in the US?

Me and my spouse are considering getting a US visa to go and live down south. First step towards a possible emigration... #notmycanadaanymore

I may get bashed for this post, but point is, they wont get ANYTHING. If it means getting the #### outta here (imagine...I'm in Quebec), then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by multicam333 View Post
    How would one go about exporting to the US, and then taking possession of said guns while being in the US?

Me and my spouse are considering getting a US visa to go and live down south. First step towards a possible emigration... #notmycanadaanymore

I may get bashed for this post, but point is, they wont get ANYTHING. If it means getting the #### outta here (imagine...I'm in Quebec), then so be it.
    Once you are a resident - not a visitor - in the US an FFL dealer can transfer to you after running your info through NICS. There will be a form to fill, here's a guide:

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/ffl-tip-sheet-for-non-u-s-citizens-purchasing-firearms.pdf

I was doing mine as a non-immigrant alien under a TN visa. If you are in a similar boat do make sure you get your I-94 when crossing the border - it will be very important.

Quote Originally Posted by KotKotofeich View Post
    Once you are a resident - not a visitor - in the US an FFL dealer can transfer to you after running your info through NICS. There will be a form to fill, here's a guide:

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/...g-firearms.pdf

I was doing mine as a non-immigrant alien under a TN visa. If you are in a similar boat do make sure you get your I-94 when crossing the border - it will be very important.
    Thank you very much. All of this requires quite the homework lol.

I do believe I have to export before moving to the US, correct?

Also, does anybody know if it's true that once the prohib list is established, if your firearm is in said list, it will be impossible to export?