Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Temporary firearms storage in the United States we have an couple options for you.

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    LOL...no!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    I would be looking at situation #2. At over $350 per firearm (returned to me sometime) plus $10/month on top of that - it ain't going to happen. I've got some pretty nice stuff, but this idea of shipping away to another country would cost me HUGE. I can't afford this but perhaps many on here can????
    Cant afford this either 30 plus handguns and 20 plus semi auto/restricted rifles, the govt can $uck it, my stuff stays with me forever, even if it makes me a criminal

CGN Regular
    I can't believe someone could type this post and think any reasonable human being would think this is a good idea lol. Seems like youre either capitalizing off a tragedy or out to lunch.

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    I can't believe someone could type this post and think any reasonable human being would think this is a good idea lol. Seems like youre either capitalizing off a tragedy or out to lunch.
    The first one...
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Quote Originally Posted by hannibal.black98 View Post
    The first one...
    It makes me think of a couple of things. If people want to do something like that, it's a good option. The price is even fairly reasonable.

But I've been in the storage business. It would be a horrible financial decision. I've seen the results of people who store stuff for too long.

this post made me feel a panic inside me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Transfering firearms permanently in the US is doable, i have personaly transfered 5 very expensive ones, inexpensive ones i wonder if it is worthed, chinese and swiss rifles are a no no.

IRG will help a lot of nutters not losing expensive stuff.

This is a great initiative. Thanks.
    Last edited by caramel; 10-27-2019 at 09:00 AM.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

Someone who has the right contacts please contact the NRA and see what they can do for us, at least for the American made guns. We could at least have access to them when we visit the USA and would encourage us to spend more money there...it would be a boost to their economy (and unfortunately, like so many other Trudeau policies) would make ours fall further behind the USA as we end up spending our hard earned dollars there. Would be a shame to see the guns destroyed otherwise. I agree that this should be a last resort but we should have all options available to us so that we can choose the best one or at least have a choice. The ATF-9 should be changed to allow Canadian permit holders to leave their guns there even after they leave the USA when they visit.

While the IRGUNS initiative is a positive one and appreciated, it does not make economic sense to take advantage of it (Option 2 at least) unless you have sentimental value for a particular firearm and willing to back that up with $. The only sensible option if changes aren't made in time is to have someone you know in the USA buy one there and hold it for you so you can play with it when you visit. Not many of us have that option though so I'm hoping there is something done for all gun refugees.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    There was another crew that thought it was a good idea to make money off of this by pushing deactivating services.

Pitch is that you GET TO KEEP YOUR BELOVED FIREARM.........as a paperweight dust catcher to remind you of your humiliation forever.

You can pass it on to your children to show them what a loser you were.

surprised that they didn't offer a little box that makes realistic 'pew pew pew' noises.....

Absolutely disgusting.

Goes to show that in business when you can't be part of a solution, you can make good money off the problem.
    Last edited by Milanczar; 10-27-2019 at 09:43 AM.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

so is the ban happening? Is this the last summer we will have with our guns?