Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Temporary firearms storage in the United States we have an couple options for you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Think of it as sending your guns for a holiday to Lake Havasua...
    Dry climate so no moisture or rust problems
    Then you can visit them through the winter and maybe get a concealed or open carry permit?
    and take them to the range or even out to the desert
    Whats not to like???

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblr View Post
    I think that there are two scenarios: Worst case, the idea of confiscation is thrown out due to time, money, manpower (peoplepower), and legal requirements (such as the countless charter challenges). It simply won't work and precedent dictates grandfathering (which will almost certainly be granted). Sales are prohibited, but we are allowed to keep what we have until death do us part.

Best case: More or less the whole thing is dropped. The Conservatives have power because the Liberal minority requires their support on the pipeline initiatives, among other issues. The gun debate is a potential bargaining chip. Besides that, for the previously mentioned reasons, it is just not possible to pursue these changes under these conditions. Either way, the idea gets VERY watered down or washes away all together.

I think focus may shift to control of the traffic of illegal arms at the border and gang violence.

Then again, could be wrong... Could be right. We'll see. I do not think the answer is shipping guns to the US.
    Now this post I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by SKS45 View Post
    I cannot imagine a scenario in which I will hand over my firearms...ever. They will have to break into my home as well as my safe. I won't do it for them. It's a deep fundamental decision I have made. No violence, nothing stupid, just not going to hand them over. I am not alone in this. I am a law abiding citizen who is willing to be outlawed by any law that denies me of legally acquired property.
    I understand the sentiment. I don't understand the upshot of this kind of martyrdom. This is like self immolation on the steps of the parliament.
    A selfish part of me thinks that if others are willing to shoot it out with state, the state will rethink its approach and I might get to keep my restricteds. But I am not willing to shoot it out with the state over my restricteds, so I cannot encourage others to do it.
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

I'm definitely doing this if they are coming after my STI

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblr View Post
    It simply won't work and precedent dictates grandfathering (which will almost certainly be granted).
    Grandfathering restricteds are a non-issue because they are already registered.
    Non-restricteds will become restricted/prohibited and will only be grandfathered if registered. Now a NR owner must decide if he/she prefers to register the NR in order to continue using it or to keep it unregistered and have to hide it very well.
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

LOL Nice try Murrica.

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Your post was irrelevant to this thread, it not only shows your maturity level but establishes you have a single digit IQ.

Attachment 317290

Thanks for proving my point. You really took the highroad, what with using insults rather than defending your actions. Demonstrated your maturity for us all, didnt it? Getting mad like that just shows your real character.

Same behaviour got marstar banned too

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    Now this post I agree with.
    I've bought a dozen plus firearms from this vendor along with many accessories, i appreciate their willingness to help out and with that being said,

To quote a wise old man i knew: "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer joe-nwt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madashell View Post

...........koesdibyo you are correct. These "men" are treasonous to the Canadian gun community. What a bunch of scared little pussies in this country. Those thinking this is a good idea and those who actually go through with it should absolutely be ashamed of yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by madashell View Post
    It's pretty amazing every time there's a political threat to firearms I see endless posts on here about how we need to band together no matter what, stick up for ourselves and blah blah blah.

Yet, the very first chance that comes up the rats bail off the ship. What a joke this community is.

I can't imagine why you want to hang around here with the likes of us. Any idea?
    ...I don't like making plans for the day because then "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom.

CGN frequent flyer
    Can I ship myself, for a climate controlled room. Wiling to double the $10 per month FYI....

I'll pay to ship my guns too, so it'll be double dipping for you.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.