Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Temporary firearms storage in the United States we have an couple options for you.

I haven't read through this thread, my first thought is I am keeping my guns... It's a "no" from me. I cannot imagine a scenario in which I will surrender my property or ship them to a foreign country.

Also when the libs rolled out a ban/buy back they were in a position of strength in which it was going to take them two years to implement. They are now a weakened minority and we will most likely have another election in two years.

Either way I am joining the "grow a pair" club and keeping my guns.
    CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SKS45 View Post
    I haven't read through this thread, my first thought is I am keeping my guns... It's a "no" from me. I cannot imagine a scenario in which I will surrender my property or ship them to a foreign country.

Also when the libs rolled out a ban/buy back they were in a position of strength in which it was going to take them two years to implement. They are now a weakened minority and we will most likely have another election in two years.

I like this guy's attitude!

BANNED
    Last edited by madashell; 11-02-2019 at 10:20 AM.

CGN Regular
    I appreciate the offer, but this is not the answer

Quote Originally Posted by SKS45 View Post
    You're keeping your restricteds after all legal challenges and deadlines expire?
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    You're keeping your restricteds after all legal challenges and deadlines expire?

There won’t be any

BANNED
    Last edited by madashell; 11-03-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    There won’t be any
    Legal challenges and deadlines?
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    I cannot imagine a scenario in which I will hand over my firearms...ever. They will have to break into my home as well as my safe. I won't do it for them. It's a deep fundamental decision I have made. No violence, nothing stupid, just not going to hand them over. I am not alone in this. I am a law abiding citizen who is willing to be outlawed by any law that denies me of legally acquired property.
    CCFR

I think that there are two scenarios: Worst case, the idea of confiscation is thrown out due to time, money, manpower (peoplepower), and legal requirements (such as the countless charter challenges). It simply won't work and precedent dictates grandfathering (which will almost certainly be granted). Sales are prohibited, but we are allowed to keep what we have until death do us part.

Best case: More or less the whole thing is dropped. The Conservatives have power because the Liberal minority requires their support on the pipeline initiatives, among other issues. The gun debate is a potential bargaining chip. Besides that, for the previously mentioned reasons, it is just not possible to pursue these changes under these conditions. Either way, the idea gets VERY watered down or washes away all together.

I think focus may shift to control of the traffic of illegal arms at the border and gang violence.

Then again, could be wrong... Could be right. We'll see. I do not think the answer is shipping guns to the US.