Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GSG 16 Bolt Catch Spring

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    Just lost my spring, damnit, thx for this post pencil on order
    Shouldn't have to order it. Staples, Walmart should have them locally.

Glad the post helped.
    Cheers
    Moe
    Thank you Stanislav Petrov..... every living thing thanks you.

Try putting a generous amount of white lithium grease on the spring and channel it sits in. It'll help keep it in place when assembling/disassembling the gun and won't cause the spring to bind.

Bic pencil spring worked mint, also used some grease to hold it in, thx guys!

Internal spring of mechanical pencil, non Bic brand worked fantastic, no modifications needed. Thanks for the info guys.
    CCFR

CGN Regular
    Where can one acquire the HK takedown pins?

CGN Regular
    Like many of you, first time taking down my gsg-16 tn. Upon reassembly, remembered a note about that spring from a youtube video I watched. Check to make sure it was there, and it was not. Spent about an hour with HID lights scouring my garage floor and work bench area. Finally decided to call it a night and see how much a replacement would cost. Put the gun back together, springless, put her back in the safe and called it a night.... That's when I happened across this thread....

Tore down a bic pencil for the spring and went to reinstall. With the gun tore down, got my son to hold the light up so I could see what the hell was going on and wouldn't you know it, the slide catch lever spring was captured within the coils of the re-coil spring. Some tiny picks and a few swear words later and she's back in the safe, all parts accounted for.

So two take always. I compared the bic spring to the OEM spring and there is not much difference. I will keep the bic spring on hand for future cleanings. Second take away, if you are in a similar situation to my own, make sure you thoroughly examine all internal components as your spring may just be hiding out as well.
    Member of the CCFR, CSSA, and Conservative Party. PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Question is, how do you hold the rifle in order to prevent the spring from falling out...?
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by EL34/6L6 View Post
    Question is, how do you hold the rifle in order to prevent the spring from falling out...?
    Well, I'd be okay never taking the damn thing apart again at this point. In reality, I'm not sure. I think the answer is to EXPECT it to fall out and be watching for it when you pull the carrier.
    Member of the CCFR, CSSA, and Conservative Party. PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING.

I gave it a little dab of grease so that it sticks more in place. I always go to the hobby store parts section for odd replacement parts like that.

What a great idea with the bic springs. Thanks again. CGN'ers always have a solution.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast