OK, you asked for it . . .

How are we looking for progress on these barrels Leigh?
Are you able to give us a report?

Well, as chance would have it, when I was away Joe took 4 of the barrels and turned them into CF sleeved barrels. One of them was sold to a friend of Joe's, two are out to get Nitride finished and one is here in it's raw SS finish.

cfbarrel.jpg

So as you can see we are on it ,lol.

Attachments

• cfbarrel.jpg
    cfbarrel.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 540
So here is a picture of the first rifle we made with a carbon fiber Takedown barrel. This thing is a dream, total weigh empty is 1.9 kg in the Magpul Backpacker stock.

light.jpg

This particular barrel was Nitride finished for the customer (Joe's friend) so it is kind of a 'one off' for now. Once we put these in production they will be the standard blued carbon steel finish as our other barrels.

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 393
Are you ganna make the “total package”? (With the takedown lever mecanism)

I would make a second upper only for my TD and these lever are hard to find...

Are you ganna make the “total package”? (With the takedown lever mecanism)

I would make a second upper only for my TD and these lever are hard to find...

Possibly in the future. There is a reason no one makes these parts and that is because they are not cheap or easy to make unless you have huge numbers to offset the costs of manufacturing.

They are readily available in the US. Someone wiser than me can comment on import rules...

Yes they are and that is because the 10-22 market there is about 97% larger than ours ,lol. If I had an audience of 350 million gun happy people I could make these all day long.....

No kidding! Not trying to sign you up for more projects. Unless it’s a 9” takedown barrel. ;)
Just pointing out that the parts might be available to the other poster through an importer.

35 buck us on eBay but can’t be shipped here privately. Perhaps an importer could bring in a bunch. I have a spare block after I installed the magpul backpacker optic mount but it uses all the internal springs and parts so your still left with a useless block. Buy more dlask barrels and help the Canadian market improve??
Ruger doesn’t seem anxious to bring in parts unless it’s warranty

Last edited:
^this, just purchased 12.5" SS TD barrel from Dlask, shot very accuracy. Super interested in Carbon fiber TD barrel.

50 yards with CCI SV, It apparently can do better if I put a high power scope on it, now is 1.5-4x scope.
50y.jpg

Attachments

• 50y.jpg
    50y.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 189
Back
Top Bottom