CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Metal Trigger Guards and AICS Mags for Steyr SSG 69 and Steyr Mannlicher L

  1. #1
    Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,353

    Metal Trigger Guards and AICS Mags for Steyr SSG 69 and Steyr Mannlicher L

    Stahl Abzugsbügel für Steyr SSG 69 and Steyr Mannlicher L

    Coming soon to Canada... metal trigger guards which are designed to allow you to use AICS magazines in your Steyr SSG69 or Model L. The best ever upgrade for your iconic Steyr... and they look great!

    These are manufactured in Austria by Styria Arms ... (not Steyr Arms). check them out...great reviews. As these are export regulated by the Austrian Government, an export permit is required which can take up to 2 months to be issued... so hang tight and we will keep everyone posted as they get closer.

    Name:  419C3888-F038-4042-9FE4-A63F2B02907B.jpeg
Views: 2515
Size:  42.6 KB
    Name:  8B2F9AD3-117E-42CF-AD19-92362D1E196B.jpeg
Views: 2514
Size:  47.0 KB
    Name:  48DE2EF0-D105-47FA-95E1-B16A81B9090A.jpeg
Views: 2514
Size:  41.8 KB
    Name:  C98A4EEA-8EB4-4A73-81F2-64680D12361A.jpeg
Views: 2513
Size:  41.7 KB

  2. #2
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    599
    I have European set trigger on mine, 2 triggers. Will it work with mine?

  3. #3
    GunNutz Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A country enslaved by Liberals
    Posts
    659
    I can attest to the amazing quality of these things, having imported one myself the hard way earlier this year. They're pricey (or at least mine was), but they're extremely well made and also include two optional trigger springs that significantly reduce the pull weight -- one by a lot, and another by a scary amount. So really, you should think of the price as being for both the bottom metal and a trigger job.

    One thing to consider though is that they definitely change the balance of the rifle. These things are made from a generous amount of solid steel, and they are replacing a light piece of plastic. Myself, I prefer the original rifle's balance -- but that "bottom plastic" was always the weak point on these rifles and they all end up cracking at some point. This fixes the problem ... permanently.
    Member CCFR
    Member CSSA

    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."
    - Winston Churchill

  4. #4
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sarnia, Ontario
    Posts
    313
    Any idea on price?
    When all is said and done, A lot more gets said than done!!!

  5. #5
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,788
    Yay! You did order some after asked you about importing one for me.

    "God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

  6. #6
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I can attest to the amazing quality of these things, having imported one myself the hard way earlier this year. They're pricey (or at least mine was), but they're extremely well made and also include two optional trigger springs that significantly reduce the pull weight -- one by a lot, and another by a scary amount. So really, you should think of the price as being for both the bottom metal and a trigger job.

    One thing to consider though is that they definitely change the balance of the rifle. These things are made from a generous amount of solid steel, and they are replacing a light piece of plastic. Myself, I prefer the original rifle's balance -- but that "bottom plastic" was always the weak point on these rifles and they all end up cracking at some point. This fixes the problem ... permanently.
    How much fitting is required? Do I have to mill the stock?

    "God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

  7. #7
    Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Rouser View Post
    Yay! You did order some after asked you about importing one for me.
    Yup... you and a bunch of other guys have been asking about them. So it seems there is enough demand to justify importing them.

  8. #8
    Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Rouser View Post
    How much fitting is required? Do I have to mill the stock?
    They are "drop in ready" and the final fit up to the barrel is achieved by adding supplied shims (if required)

  9. #9
    Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfire View Post
    I have European set trigger on mine, 2 triggers. Will it work with mine?
    It works with the single "and" double set trigger.
    In Austria, most SSG69 have the single match trigger and the hunting versions have the double. They designed it to fit both.

  10. #10
    Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvern View Post
    Any idea on price?
    These should come in at $429 a set excluding the magazine (estimate).
    They recommend using the MDT magazines, they say they are excellent.

    Obviously we can get MDT mags here cheaper than bringing them back in from Europe.

    We will offer the kits with and without the MDT mags once they arrive, both 5 and 10 shot.
    Last edited by Nordic Marksman; 10-30-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •