Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Airline legal knives from Boker

Who’s stocking?

I was relieved of a corkscrew with a 1.5 inch blade flying from Toronto to SSM as I forgot it was in my shaving kit.
    (I also almost went to a Mexican prison because of a 2 inch money clip knife in my carry on by accident).
    I no longer carry any blade on a plane...
    I like to think I know enough to know when I don’t know enough….

Expired Industry Member
    Who’s stocking?
    So far these dealers have ordered:

Rangeview Sports
    Maier Hardware
    Red Deer Shooting Centre

Metro Vancouver - if you use EE at least leave your province here!
    Well, you are still at risk to face an ill-informed "officer", and there's zero risk for them because they are "doing their jobs", you need to put in your time and effort and fight to get it back or suffer financial and mental loss. I'd carry a utility knife with 5cm blade left. If someone who doesn't know the law try to take it, I'll just throw him the blade, well, not literally.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon_ha View Post
    What makes these "airline legal"? TSA still says no to knives as carryon, and any knife is fine in checked baggage, but so are guns. I wouldn't call a glock "airline legal", unless I was making a die hard reference.

Is this just you trying to point out domestic CATSA regulations allowing sub 6cm blades? If so it's probably important to note that.
    +1 for the Die Hard reference. That scene is painful to watch...

That second knife is soon going to be making an appearance in my collection. Nice knife.
    "Canadians, in this fateful hour, I command you and I trust you to fight as you have ever fought with all your strength, with all your determination, with all your tranquil courage." Sir Arthur William Currie

Quote Originally Posted by haim View Post
    In this day and age only a idiot will take a knife in a plane. You will be on the mercy of another idiot. All will depend upon what kind of day he or she had .why take that kind of risk.

Exactly!......
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

I really like the look of the Bowie. $24.95 USD? It's $24.95 CAD at Warriors and Wonders.
    I'd get it but 440A steel is soft as butter.
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer joe-nwt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haim View Post
    In this day and age only a idiot will take a knife in a plane. You will be on the mercy of another idiot. All will depend upon what kind of day he or she had .why take that kind of risk.
    I put mine in checked baggage and retrieve it when my bag comes off the carousel.
    ...I don't like making plans for the day because then "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lister's Avatar
    With these news regs allowing knives again, I always have one. I did lose one that I flew with (sveral times)when one of the security people decided to measure it from a different start point. The only reason I couldn't have it stored until I returned was that I was already running late and had to get through security asap. Now I just carry a slightly shorter knife that can't be "mis-measured". I like the look of the first one in the ad.

I also have no clue what haim is talking about. Why am I an idiot at the mercy of other idiots? Let them open their own little pack of pretzels!
    Beware the man of one book.
    -Saint Thomas Aquinas

Gold, silver, and lead. Freedoms' precious metals - -anon

lol...they took my scope (but not binoculars) as it was a
    "gun part"...######s.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast