Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Airline legal knives from Boker

I have extra security clearance being a pilot. I can take a full coffee, water bottle, etc through security. They swabb the bottom, look in the mug, send me on my way. I have gotten crap for that. We can travel with regular size shampoo, shaving cream etc. Friends have gotten crap for that. Others have gotten crap over razors. Even with the extra wiggle room in these regards I would sure as heck not take a knife with me. That being said I am also Scottish so... ya know I don't wanna lose $25! It is so dependent on the TSA/CATSA person. As already mentioned, tactical style pens are being taken more frequently. On the flip side, you can get awesome deals on all the stuff that gets confiscated once a month at the YYC chapel when they sell all that for fundraising!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Jimmer View Post
    On the flip side, you can get awesome deals on all the stuff that gets confiscated once a month at the YYC chapel when they sell all that for fundraising!
    Any idea if YVR does this too?
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Waynetheman's Avatar
    Having seen the bin full of Swiss Army knives pocket knives bics and even nail clippers by the screeners I would say... pass

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Waynetheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    Any idea if YVR does this too?
    Yes they do. My friends work as screeners, iirc there’s a church near the airport somewhere that they have the auction. I can get details if you really want it but FYI anything good is usually gone before it hits the auction floor.

Got some leatherman micros for a few bucks a piece, MSR rocket stoves. Heck, there where trekking poles beside the bin of itty bitty knives. Meanwhile the nefarious granny still lurks in the aisle seat with her giant knitting needles... slowly knitting... and watching... making a lovely cardigan while waiting for evil-doers to try anything.

I always bring one in checked luggage. Never had an issue

They aren't an issue anywhere really in checked luggage.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Jimmer View Post
    I have extra security clearance being a pilot. I can take a full coffee, water bottle, etc through security. They swabb the bottom, look in the mug, send me on my way. I have gotten crap for that. We can travel with regular size shampoo, shaving cream etc. Friends have gotten crap for that. Others have gotten crap over razors. Even with the extra wiggle room in these regards I would sure as heck not take a knife with me. That being said I am also Scottish so... ya know I don't wanna lose $25! It is so dependent on the TSA/CATSA person. As already mentioned, tactical style pens are being taken more frequently. On the flip side, you can get awesome deals on all the stuff that gets confiscated once a month at the YYC chapel when they sell all that for fundraising!
    What did you just say? I'm there! Where can I find more info on this?
    CCFR

BANNED
    For some reason I think there would be a problem

Legally it's good to go, but the screeners will say differently

Quote Originally Posted by hfx123 View Post
    What did you just say? I'm there! Where can I find more info on this?
    Go to the food court on the unsecure side, go around the corner by subway to the walkway that overlooks the departures level check in. Turn righ, first door along that past the open area with tables is the chapel. Usually a sign beside it with the next sale date.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast