Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Airline legal knives from Boker

I fly a lot. That’s bull####.
    A sharpened blade that is not a razor will not be allowed on a plane at a Canadian airport, regardless the size
    I cant even fly with my strait razor In my carry on shave kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamg_55 View Post
    A quick google search shows knives up to 6cm are allowed on Canadian and some international flights, but no go for the USA

Are there REALLY countries that ban possession of knives other than culinary style ??
    Which ones ?
    I travel a lot and this is good information please

Quote Originally Posted by borsch View Post
    Personal Items

Personal items such as disposable razors (e.g. blade encased in a plastic holder), small scissors (with blades 6 cm or less), tweezers and nail clippers are permitted.

Razors (open, loose or straight blades) or personal items with a blade over 6 cm must be packed in checked baggage when flying within Canada or to an international (non-U.S.) destination. Knives of any type or length are not permitted in your carry-on on flights to the U.S.

See in bold - directly from CATSA. This is going to be either considered a razor blade or a knife and is, probably, only legal on one of them "chicken express" airlines in third world countries. Or, if you insist on keeping it while they take it away - "prison express" airlines.
    Unless it's a disposable razor blade or you're flying your own plane, you can't have it in your carry-on.

Any knife is airline legal in checked luggage. But then, depending on your international destination, might still get you in trouble in countries where a mere possession of a knife that's not a kitchen butter knife, can get you incarcerated.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    I fly a lot. That’s bull####.
    A sharpened blade that is not a razor will not be allowed on a plane at a Canadian airport, regardless the size
    I cant even fly with my strait razor In my carry on shave kit.
    It's not Bull$%#^ I've done it a number of times.

A straight razor is more than the 6cm/2.4" allowed. The regulations are already posted in this thread.
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

Please note: The final decision rests with the screening officer on whether an item is allowed through the checkpoint.

CGN frequent flyer
    I have a Kershaw that's been in my pocket on every flight since last may and I fly back and forth across the country every two weeks. Been measured twice in that time,usually doesn't draw any attention in security at all. I've had beard scissors and nail clippers in my shaving kit in my carry on for many years, never a question in security. As long as you stay domestic its not an issue. Need a knife to get those damn chicken wraps open on Air Canada, the cellophane is brutal.
    Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456