Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hi point 9mm semi non-res carbine is here!!!

Might consider one of these for price point alone... But I'd rather see it in person first

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    5 round mags?.....seriously?.....hard no!
    Yup! I'm out too. It's actually named in the RCMP special bulletin for businesses number 72.
    "2. Magazines designed or manufactured for both centrefire calibre rifles and handguns

Magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic rifle are limited to five cartridges. However, magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. Magazines designed or manufactured for use in both semiautomatic rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the limit of five cartridges.

Example:
    Hi-Point rifle and handgun chambered for 9mm Luger caliber:

magazine capacities over five rounds are prohibited."

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorF View Post
    Yup! I'm out too. It's actually named in the RCMP special bulletin for businesses number 72.
    "2. Magazines designed or manufactured for both centrefire calibre rifles and handguns

Magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic rifle are limited to five cartridges. However, magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. Magazines designed or manufactured for use in both semiautomatic rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the limit of five cartridges.

Example:
    Hi-Point rifle and handgun chambered for 9mm Luger caliber:

magazine capacities over five rounds are prohibited."
    Quite the specific example.

My understanding of this particular rifle though is that its magazine is compatible with a particular handgun, however the handgun magazine is not compatible with the rifle (it's too short and does not seat all the way). The original intent however was to have them use the same magazine(s).

Note that the Scorpion EVO has sold quite well despite the same limitation of magazine capacity - for nearly 3x the price.

I have the R version of the hi-point rifle - it was too inexpensive to pass up. At least that's what I thought at the time. It's not a terrible rifle, it's just not my favourite PCC.

That being said, it's built like it's designed to be driven over. Hard and dense polymers with thick steel components make this a fun gun to shoot.

Mine just came. I gotta say this gun screams fun just holding it. Call it what you want to call it, fugly and limited to 5 rounds or not, I'm gonna have fun and enjoy this $500 plinker. Comes with a cheap sling and screw in swivels, and a cheap trigger lock. As well as paperwork which interestingly says lifetime warranty is not available for sales outside of U.S. so I'm hoping it has some kind of warranty, maybe tenda can clarify if it does or not.

So anyways I just need about 4 more mags and I'm good to go! I'm gonna test it out this weekend with a few hundred rounds.

Hopefully these sell well and maybe .40, .45, and 10mm versions will follow.
    http://imgur.com/a/zatH2Bi

Quote Originally Posted by Gmoney47 View Post
    Mine just came. I gotta say this gun screams fun just holding it. Call it what you want to call it, fugly and limited to 5 rounds or not, I'm gonna have fun and enjoy this $500 plinker. Comes with a cheap sling and screw in swivels, and a cheap trigger lock. As well as paperwork which interestingly says lifetime warranty is not available for sales outside of U.S. so I'm hoping it has some kind of warranty, maybe tenda can clarify if it does or not.

So anyways I just need about 4 more mags and I'm good to go! I'm gonna test it out this weekend with a few hundred rounds.

Hopefully these sell well and maybe .40, .45, and 10mm versions will follow.
    http://imgur.com/a/zatH2Bi
    Thanks for the update look like a fun tank plinker
    Peace is the time it takes to reload your riffle- BoB DylaN

CGN Regular
    Never looked into these until tonight. For $500 this is very tempting!

Ordered one, gonna be my first PCC. I like the look of it and for 500$ I can't pass it up, and call me a sicko but I like the idea of being a hipoint owner.
    Grabbers can get bent

RPAL since 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    I'm sure they're durable, and I'm sure they function well, and I'm sure they shoot ok...

But MY GOD they're ugly. It's like they go out of their way to make their guns as ugly as possible. Lol. Theft prevention maybe?
    Haha , you haven't seen ugly until you've seen the early hi point carbine. They have been making them for quite some time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by drill702; 11-10-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    That is hideous.
    I think the hipoint is uglier. I used to work at a gun store handled tons of pistols rifles and PCC's hipoint is hands down the worst quality guns I have handled the highpoint pistol is a ugly plastic brick. Its not even a nice polymer like a CX4 or Glock it feels like the plastic that goes on dollar store toy guns.

And the carbine is just all kinds of awful. Even a tokarev is a nicer pistol than a hipoint. And any surplus rifle is nicer than the hipoint PCC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    What about the ATI aftermarket stocks?

Has anybody tried one?