Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hi point 9mm semi non-res carbine is here!!!

Finding a different stock would change the whole look of the rifle for the better.

I don't think it looks that bad, it's way better looking than their handguns.

CGN Regular
    I hope these sell well enough for them to produce the non restricted 45acp and 10mm version for the Cdn market.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove12gshotguns View Post
    looks like a decent firearm,

but still an extra 185$ over what they sell for in the states. Those 2"s of barrel can be pretty expensive up here in Canada.

Ill probably buy one anyways....
    Considering that they were custom ordered, once you factor in conversion.. it's what. $40-50 over the US price? Seems totally reasonable considering import costs, etc.

BANNED
    Price is good for NR, sure looks bad but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRocker View Post
    Finding a different stock would change the whole look of the rifle for the better.
    If it's not ugly, is it even a hi-point? You gotta get the full experience.
    I hear these are actually really decent carbines, however if you go for one I think you're really missing the point if actually try and put money and effort to try and make it look decent.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CC89 View Post
    God they're ugly. How hard is it to redo the outside polymer to make it more aesthetically pleasing and take glock/1911 mags?! Give the people what they want!

That said i'm still tempted to get one.

Are these basically the pistol model with a long barrel and stock?
    You think this is ugly? Google what they used to look like!

As for mags, it works like this: the 9mm hi point pistol is prohib (due to barrel length), thus all magazines in Canada are for the rifle and must be pinned to 5.

The 40 and 45 versions allow you to use the unpinned magazines because those pistols exist in Canada. There is no 10mm pistol, so if the 10mm carbine makes it here those too would need to be pinned.

I could justify a pinned mag for a $500 10mm, but I don't forsee me getting the 9mm hi point. Bring in a 40sw version and I'll be all over that though!
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post

The 40 and 45 versions allow you to use the unpinned magazines because those pistols exist in Canada.
    nice info !
    « When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TreMoR View Post
    nice info !
    Yupp. Sadly there is currently no announced plan for NR 40/45s, and the 9mm just took 10 months to make it to market (they were announced at shot show back in January) so I won't be expecting any 40/45s in NR form for at least another year, probably longer.

My guess would be they won't be making any announcements at the next shot show, but if the 9mm NR carbines sell decently then we might see 40/45s at shot show 2021.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Ordered one. I thought about it for a day even first. What the hell I paid alot more for cz Evo non restricted and it's five rounds too. For $500 pcc I couldn't resist.