Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Any word on development of a short GSG-16 barrel?

Nice!

Good work, guys!

So...good new, bad news. Good news first ? OK, the barrels are all steel (not sleeved aluminum), and shouldn't be hard to make....Bad news, these will most likely NOT be user changeable. They barrel extension is complicated to say the least and is cast. We have not removed it yet but from the look of it I will say this is going to end up a job for a gunsmith only and therefore will add to the expense.

We will make a prototype by hand here for this rifle and see if it's feasible to do others in a production type run.

Stay tuned and I will post more once we have it all sorted out be it yay or nay...
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Even if a gunsmith has to do it I'd still be down for a barrel.

Is it possible for you guys to make the extension and all and just sell the complete barrel? Even if it costs more I would still pay it

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    So...good new, bad news. Good news first ? OK, the barrels are all steel (not sleeved aluminum), and shouldn't be hard to make....Bad news, these will most likely NOT be user changeable. They barrel extension is complicated to say the least and is cast. We have not removed it yet but from the look of it I will say this is going to end up a job for a gunsmith only and therefore will add to the expense.

We will make a prototype by hand here for this rifle and see if it's feasible to do others in a production type run.

Stay tuned and I will post more once we have it all sorted out be it yay or nay...
    So i can come pick it back up Friday?
    Save Hong Kong!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCyaba View Post
    Even if a gunsmith has to do it I'd still be down for a barrel.

Is it possible for you guys to make the extension and all and just sell the complete barrel? Even if it costs more I would still pay it
    Its gonna turn into atleast a 350$ barrel job. Gun costs 459$. I doubt people will invest 800$+tax on this rimfire rifle
    Save Hong Kong!

Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    Its gonna turn into atleast a 350$ barrel job. Gun costs 459$. I doubt people will invest 800$+tax on this rimfire rifle
    My alternative was to buy the pistol version in the states and have the legal parts shipped here and use that barrel

Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    I’d be down for it. This is as close to an MP5 as we’re going to get, even if it is a rimfire.

Quote Originally Posted by SIG FAN View Post
    I’d be down for it. This is as close to an MP5 as we’re going to get, even if it is a rimfire.
    My thoughts exactly. I will 100%, without hesitation pay 350.00$ to get this gun looking like a proper clone. I’m still totally interested, I really don’t mind having a proper gunsmith complete the install for me.
    Within the Vacuum of Infinity...

Kk. Let leigh know with your credit card in hand. One of the thing a business worries about is that when a barrel costs 80% of the rimfire rifle its going into. It may not sell well/fast. Its the only way that they know we are serious and will go ahead with production
    Save Hong Kong!

I'm down to pay 350$ for a short barrel but I would like to know exactly why the install would be "gunsmith only"... Exactly what procedure or tool is specific to gunsmiths that makes this out of reach of the rest of us? Exactly what would be stopping those of us that have common taps, drills, punches, files and giant ####ing hammers from installing it ourselves? If we can change the barrel on a CZ Scorpion what is stopping us from doing the GSG-16?

No problem paying for a new barrel I'm just hesitant about the "you'll have to send us your gun" part. I'm hoping there will be an option for those of us with our own work benches.

Also, the questions above are rhetorical, I will totally check the barrel extension myself to see what is involved.