Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: Any word on development of a short GSG-16 barrel?

I am 100% in.

First off, i like to clarify before this spirals out of hand. I guesstimate it myself that this will be a 350$ barrel. It can be be more or it can be less depends on the outcome whether this is do able or not by dlask

Ok, so when i took it apart, it seems like the feed ramp and for the lack of a better term chamber is a collar which attached to the back end of the barrel. I have not try to remove that as i didn want to damage it, but from the looks of it, either pressed on or threaded on kinda like an AR barrel. Maybe thats the reason why they said its gunsmith fit only as there maybe headspace issues, liability and finally hope it wont blow up in your face risk.

Then again, i agreed with walmart,that on rimfire central people were doing their own sbr swap on the gsg5 once they got their tax stamp.
    Save Hong Kong!

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    So...good new, bad news. Good news first ? OK, the barrels are all steel (not sleeved aluminum), and shouldn't be hard to make....Bad news, these will most likely NOT be user changeable. They barrel extension is complicated to say the least and is cast. We have not removed it yet but from the look of it I will say this is going to end up a job for a gunsmith only and therefore will add to the expense.

We will make a prototype by hand here for this rifle and see if it's feasible to do others in a production type run.

Stay tuned and I will post more once we have it all sorted out be it yay or nay...
    Thank you for everything. I am in. I will never get another chance at a MP5 (sort-of) gun so I don't mind the cost.

After a second look we are thinking that the barrel may have the extension / trunnion cast directly onto it. This would mean it is not changeable. We are going to see if we can buy just a barrel and remove it (hoping it is threaded) as we don't want to damage the customer's rifle here.

If the trunnion is threaded on we are looking at $199.99 for a target price on a new barrel. This of course does not include the work of changing it out. Once we get a spare barrel to constructively deconstruct we will update this thread.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    After a second look we are thinking that the barrel may have the extension / trunnion cast directly onto it. This would mean it is not changeable. We are going to see if we can buy just a barrel and remove it (hoping it is threaded) as we don't want to damage the customer's rifle here.

If the trunnion is threaded on we are looking at $199.99 for a target price on a new barrel. This of course does not include the work of changing it out. Once we get a spare barrel constructively deconstruct we will update this thread.
    Thank you!

(Following).

Nice to know. So we will know in a few weeks
    Save Hong Kong!

Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    Nice to know. So we will know in a few weeks
    Or today if you let us deconstruct your barrel ! lol
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Looks threaded. If you can put it back together and it goes bang out the proper business end. Take it apart and have a look
    Save Hong Kong!

Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post

Looks threaded. If you can put it back together and it goes bang out the proper business end. Take it apart and have a look
    Dang ! Good find ! OK, I will try to unscrew it today and let y'all know what happens. If it indeed does just unscrew then these will be fairly quick and easy to make. The only issue is the extractor notch will need to be cut specifically for each trunnion. This requires a bit of skill, a Dremel with a cut-off wheel and a steady hand. . .

Stand by !
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

I'm intersted too!
    The Abomin870!