Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: Any word on development of a short GSG-16 barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    We did it this morning. It was glued onto the barrel trunnion but we got it off. We are sorting out the blanks today to turn these. Length to start will be 9" and will need to be installed by a machinist or gunsmith. Unless you are very competent on the tools I would not define this as a D.I.Y. job. After the new barrel is installed into the trunnion and the Loctite has set the extractor notch will need to be re-cut into the new barrel wall.

Estimated cost for the 9" barrel will be $199.99. If you want us to install it into your rifle and do the barrel swap for you then you can add $85 to that price.

Attachment 322735
    Question, what is stopping your company from sourcing a pile of barrel trunnions, installing your barrels on them, cutting the extractor groove, and selling them as a drop in barrel?
    The Abomin870!

Quote Originally Posted by The Crover View Post
    Question, what is stopping your company from sourcing a pile of barrel trunnions, installing your barrels on them, cutting the extractor groove, and selling them as a drop in barrel?
    1) Blue line solutions having these in stock and willing to sell a quantity.
    2) Price of the piece (30-40$) + Labour(85$ or less because no assem/disassemble is required) added to the total cost of the barrel.

Are people willing to pay that?

I am in for that, gives me the option to swap barrels anytime if i ever wanted for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by danzMtl View Post
    1) Blue line solutions having these in stock and willing to sell a quantity.
    2) Price of the piece (30-40$) + Labour(85$ or less because no assem/disassemble is required) added to the total cost of the barrel.

Are people willing to pay that?

I am in for that, gives me the option to swap barrels anytime if i ever wanted for some reason.
    Ditto
    The Abomin870!

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Well muzzle devices don't add to the OAL. So you will have to pin your stock if you install a barrel shorter than 13.75"
    Sorry fella, that's incorrect. In the case of a rimfire rifle and measuring the OAL a flash hider does count in the length. In the case of a center fire rifle however it does not since the rules state tat the barrel is measured by it's 'continuous length of rifling'. i.e. the hider isn't rifled so does not count to the length.

We get questions all the time about .22 barrels and will or won't it make my rifle Restricted if I put on a 12.5" barrel or whatever. . .

I always have to hold back asking if they were awake during their PAL course when the instructor explained that the rules break rifles down by caliber, rimfire vs. center fire......lol

As for the spare trunnions, I will nip down to Walmart this afternoon and grab a family pack. That should solve all of our supply issues with getting random spare parts off the shelf....( :
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    As for the spare trunnions, I will nip down to Walmart this afternoon and grab a family pack. That should solve all of our supply issues with getting random spare parts off the shelf....( :
    If there was a time constrain in getting this project done, I'd understand reusing the existing trunnion from each customer. But since this is still just a hypothetical project with some numbers attached to it, couldn't you contact Blue Line or another source and get the trunnions?
    The Abomin870!

I always have to hold back asking if they were awake during their PAL course when the instructor explained that the rules break rifles down by caliber, rimfire vs. center fire......lol

Maybe you could try and explain that to the RCMP who still want to classify the ATMS dedicated 22s as restricted with barrels under 18.5.

CGN Regular
    So no retractable stocks? What is the shortest I can make my barrel without making it restricted? Also, couldn’t you just chop the stock barrel on the GSG16 instead of having a whole new barrel made?

Completely different story. The rifle (receiver) is a Restricted AR-15. Doesn't matter what caliber it shoots it will always be Restricted. (at best for now anyways...)

Remember that in the soon-to-be Communist Autocracy of Kanada some firearms have special status depending on whether they are black (like the Turd at a Halloween party) or whether they have been in a movie that scared the ruling elites.

Forget common sense. Forget statistics. These rules are made for the one set purpose of disarming the general populace, little by little, so that down the road when we have had enough our only recourse of action will be to ....mumble and complain like the sheeple they want us to be.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rockafella View Post
    So no retractable stocks? What is the shortest I can make my barrel without making it restricted? Also, couldn’t you just chop the stock barrel on the GSG16 instead of having a whole new barrel made?
    You can chop the barrel if you'd like. I will come visit on weekends and fill your canteen account.

You can either pin the stock or even better get a Airsoft MP-5 fixed butt stock and be waaaay cool. One of the best looking guns ever made imho...
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

CGN Regular
    So it’s not legal is what you’re saying. I was just not sure, thanks for clarifying