Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021222324252628 ... LastLast

Thread: Any word on development of a short GSG-16 barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    OK....so, we have the first three 9" barrels made up, chambered, blasted and ready to send for blueing. They should be back by mid next week and ready to install then. The nice guy that lent us his rifle for R&D has first dibs on barrel #1. The other two are up for grabs. First come first served.

NOTE : These require PROFESSIONAL GUNSMITH installation. Once they leave our shop we will not be responsible for any part of the installation or issues that may arise from the change. Your gunsmith will need to install, cut the extractor notch to match your trunnion and tune the rifle if required.

DISCLAIMER : If you install or have this barrel installed and do not pin your folding / collapsible stock and your rifle is shorter than 660mm in it's shortest configuration then you will be in contradiction of the law and may be subject to all of the bad things that come with that. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for YOU breaking the law.

9" barrel with a 1/2-28 tpi threaded muzzle :

Attachment 324537
    Hope I can get an answer this time and not snark/be ignored:

What is stopping your company from sourcing a pile of barrel trunnions, installing your barrels on them, cutting the extractor groove, and selling them as a drop in barrel?
    The Abomin870!

Quote Originally Posted by The Crover View Post
    Hope I can get an answer this time and not snark/be ignored:

What is stopping your company from sourcing a pile of barrel trunnions, installing your barrels on them, cutting the extractor groove, and selling them as a drop in barrel?
    Lots of things. We had thought of that but moved on, it's just not possible.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Lots of things. We had thought of that but moved on, it's just not possible.
    Thanks for the reply, and I'll be in touch with your business soon.
    The Abomin870!

Lets see some pics of the barrel on the gun!

Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    Sexy. I mean me not the gun..well the gun too and Leigh
    Cringe
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGTA View Post
    Lets see some pics of the barrel on the gun!

Cringe
    Once the barrels are back from bluing, (mid next week I'm hoping), I will post pictures of it installed on the rifle.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Once the barrels are back from bluing, (mid next week I'm hoping), I will post pictures of it installed on the rifle.
    Perfect, thank you
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

On man, so excited. If it looks good I’m buying the GSG and then sending it off to you guys for a barrel install.

UPDATE : We have received a reply from Lother-Walther regarding properly pre-sized barrel blanks for this project. Once the import / export humdrum is done I will start another thread for barrel pre-orders. Stay tuned and please give us space to work. I love you guys, I really do, but we cannot be constantly answering emails and phone calls on this because that doesn't leave us time to do the actual work. Once the details are sorted this forum will be the first to know.

Hope that's not too 'curt and snarky' to offend anyone out there ?

In the meantime, y'all have yourselves a fantastic weekend. Shoot, spend time with your loved ones and get into the Holiday Spirit. The Black Friday sales are a comin' !
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

So if we're out in the wild with this shortened GSG-16, how do we prove to a random LEO that this is a legal 9" setup? Bring the sales receipt and hope that they don't take you into custody whilst they cross reference to verify that it's legit somehow? What if you forget your sales receipt?
    Will the barrel have some kind of serial number or etching that says "this is a legal shortened barrel, better call Saul to verify @ DLASK", or.....?

UPDATE : We have received a reply from Lother-Walther regarding properly pre-sized barrel blanks for this project. Once the import / export humdrum is done I will start another thread for barrel pre-orders. Stay tuned and please give us space to work. I love you guys, I really do, but we cannot be constantly answering emails and phone calls on this because that doesn't leave us time to do the actual work. Once the details are sorted this forum will be the first to know.

Hope that's not too 'curt and snarky' to offend anyone out there ?

In the meantime, y'all have yourselves a fantastic weekend. Shoot, spend time with your loved ones and get into the Holiday Spirit. The Black Friday sales are a comin' !
    Would that increase the cost? Are they going to be regular chamber or a match/target? Because I like to have a short barrel, but I don't want to lose the reliability with bulk ammo. Because that what the gun is really meant, plink and such, not target. So I don't see the point of a LW barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimfire001 View Post
    So if we're out in the wild with this shortened GSG-16, how do we prove to a random LEO that this is a legal 9" setup? Bring the sales receipt and hope that they don't take you into custody whilst they cross reference to verify that it's legit somehow? What if you forget your sales receipt?
    Will the barrel have some kind of serial number or etching that says "this is a legal shortened barrel, better call Saul to verify @ DLASK", or.....?
    You cannot thread the standard barrel, due to the barrel diameter. So be obvious that it's not just a shorten factory barrel.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.