Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 818202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Any word on development of a short GSG-16 barrel?

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Maybe I’m alone in this, but a 3 lug style adapter would look awesome. I know we can’t use it for attaching anything, but it would look at home on a GSG 16 / 522.
    ^Agreed with Kratos, 3 lug style is what would look correct on the GSG16 with the Dlask 9" barrel.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

We had thought of that but it adds a lot of complexity and expense. Let me back up a bit...

So the barrels we made here by hand, the prototypes, had an integral 1/2-28 threaded muzzle. This is great in theory because now you have a 'uge selection of readily available muzzle devices to use. But. When installing the barrel you need to insert the chamber end into the plastic ring in the body and screw the trunnion on while the barrel is captured inside that ring. Not super tough but not ideal for the layman. Our idea for the final production barrels will be to thread the muzzles M9 x .75 (same as any GSG pistol) so that you can install the trunnion easier and not have to worry about doing it in-situ. The M9 x .75 threads are the same as any other GSG pistol so the thread adapters are very easy to come by to make the final thread on the muzzle 1/2-28 tpi. If we added a 3-prong adapter then you now have 3 parts screwed together. Add a brake onto the 3-prong and whamo ! you 4 separate parts are making up the barrel assembly.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Count me in if i cand keep my stock.

-Robbie L

I would really want a linear comp for the muzzle but that's just me
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΆΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Joe is all hyped on these now and wanted to make a brake appropriate to the MP5. Here is the first one from the, CNC pre-bluing.

Attachment 328274

Attachment 328275

Thoughts or constructive opinions ?
    Leigh, have a look at Amgstadt 3 lug. Brent from Wolverine saids he can bring them in for 80$. If you can do them in house for that price. Sure.

Btw, thing runs like a sewing machine with minimag/Rem thunderbolt. Its a bolt action with federal blue box.
    Save Hong Kong!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    With the trunion, I would either run it plain or put a telescopic suppressor (fake) on it with green loctite and call it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Maybe I’m alone in this, but a 3 lug style adapter would look awesome. I know we can’t use it for attaching anything, but it would look at home on a GSG 16 / 522.
    You can. Angstadt makes a 3 lug blast diffuser.
    Save Hong Kong!

The only muzzle device that looks correct on these (IMO), are the 3 lugs.

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 05:31 AM.

This gun is costing me way too much, but ya that angstadt 3 lug adapter and blast can is probably what i am going to get unless Dlask comes up with a 3 lug adapter
    Save Hong Kong!