Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9192122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Any word on development of a short GSG-16 barrel?

Dlask - 3-lug adapt this bad boy! I'd pay more for that, if the cost is reasonable.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    For me, it's either the 3 lug or a simple thread protector.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

I would be out if you thread it to M9-.075.. There isn't any correct FH for it And I don't want to run an adapter.

There are very limited options for muzzle device for that thread. None would even look good on a GSG 16. Most meant for a pistol. You can get a fake can, but it tiny and for some wouldn't fit the SD look they are trying to achieve. I think if you thread it to that, less people would be interested in buying your barrel.

Stick to 1/2-28.
    Last edited by OkayShooter; 12-05-2019 at 09:42 AM.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    I would be out if you thread it to M9-.075.. There isn't any correct FH for it And I don't want to run an adapter.

There are very limited options for muzzle device for that thread. None would even look good on a GSG 16. Most meant for a pistol. You can get a fake can, but it tiny and for some wouldn't fit the SD look they are trying to achieve. I think if you thread it to that, less people would be interested in buying your barrel.

Stick to 1/2-28.
    Maybe you didn't read the reason why we want to thread it for that. If we thread them 1/2"-28 then people may have an issue installing the barrel itself. Just because WE can do it doesn't mean it's an easy thing. Our goal is to make this an accessible project for everyone, not just experienced gunsmiths with access to a full machine shop....

Most people will not have a problem running an M9 x .75 adapter to make the final thread 1/2"-28. In fact, a lot of people already have one on their 1911 .22 GSG or otherwise. If not then they are at least cheap and commonly available.

As for the 3-lug they are easy to find on airsoft sites so that's an easy buy, but we have no plans to make one at this point. There are already so many projects that have been set aside to make these barrels that we just don't have the time.

At the end of the day you guys asked for something and we came through. We understand that there is no pleasing all of the people all of the time so we are just doing what we think would make it cheapest & easiest to help the majority of you. If we didn't happen to fulfill everyone's particular dreams then we apologize, we'll try harder next time, lol.

In the meantime, it's the Christmas Season and we plan to enjoy it. Hope you all do too, cheers.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Maybe you didn't read the reason why we want to thread it for that. If we thread them 1/2"-28 then people may have an issue installing the barrel itself. Just because WE can do it doesn't mean it's an easy thing. Our goal is to make this an accessible project for everyone, not just experienced gunsmiths with access to a full machine shop....

Most people will not have a problem running an M9 x .75 adapter to make the final thread 1/2"-28. In fact, a lot of people already have one on their 1911 .22 GSG or otherwise. If not then they are at least cheap and commonly available.

As for the 3-lug they are easy to find on airsoft sites so that's an easy buy, but we have no plans to make one at this point. There are already so many projects that have been set aside to make these barrels that we just don't have the time.

At the end of the day you guys asked for something and we came through. We understand that there is no pleasing all of the people all of the time so we are just doing what we think would make it cheapest & easiest to help the majority of you. If we didn't happen to fulfill everyone's particular dreams then we apologize, we'll try harder next time, lol.

In the meantime, it's the Christmas Season and we plan to enjoy it. Hope you all do too, cheers.
    I did read, why you want to go with the M9x0.75. Ease of installation. But it's not what people want. Like I said, there is very little options for muzzle devices that would be suitable for the GSG 16.. I wouldn't want to put this on my GSG 16. That suited for a race pistol, Not a rifle.

I bet if you did a vote, between what to thread it for, majority would pick 1/2-28mm. Running a adapter will ruin the MP5 look of the muzzle device right after the front sight.

CGN frequent flyer
    Yeah I’m out if it’s not threaded 1/2-28. I’d rather have the ugly mock suppressor hanging off the front then M9x0.75

So having to install a M9 to 1/2-28 adapter like this :

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  23.1 KB

is the deal breaker ?!

If so then I'm sorry but I guess you're out then. Because the trade off for the majority of people is ease of installation which to them may be the deal breaker. Considering we are only making 100 barrels and are keeping 20 for ourselves to install on rifles for sale, I'm sure they will sell just fine.

Like I said, can't please all the people all the time.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

It's 54.99, plus tax/shipping for a GSG to 1/2-28mm adapter. Not something many of us, want to buy extra. When there is the option of ditching the need for one.

So 199, plus tax, plus shipping ( for the barrel ) Plus another 54.99 plus tax and shipping for the adapter, plus how much for the FH.

Really not making it any cheaper for us. Because I rather pay the 85$ extra and get it with the proper thread. And save on shipping costs, having to buy a useless adapter. Personally I hate having to run multiable adapters.

They are actually only $19.99 USD and there is a possibility we may make them here so that would be in Cdn $ and would ship with the barrel saving extra shipping. Also, as I said, many people already have these on their GSG 1911 type pistol so....yeah. You want to argue, feel free, but I don't have time.

We are making what we want to make and if you want to buy one then we would like to sell you one. If you don't ,then don't.

There are things to make and orders to fill so I've got to go now. Updates will come when we have them.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post

im impressed at the speed you guys have come thru for us, not to mention what other dealer would do this? kudos to you and your staff.