Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Any word on development of a short GSG-16 barrel?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    So having to install a M9 to 1/2-28 adapter like this :

Attachment 328473

is the deal breaker ?!

If so then I'm sorry but I guess you're out then. Because the trade off for the majority of people is ease of installation which to them may be the deal breaker. Considering we are only making 100 barrels and are keeping 20 for ourselves to install on rifles for sale, I'm sure they will sell just fine.

Like I said, can't please all the people all the time.
    Any chance you charge extra for the 1/2x28 threading and install since it’s not easy? I’d pay more for that service.

They are actually only $19.99 USD and there is a possibility we may make them here so that would be in Cdn $ and would ship with the barrel saving extra shipping. Also, as I said, many people already have these on their GSG 1911 type pistol so....yeah. You want to argue, feel free, but I don't have time.

We are making what we want to make and if you want to buy one then we would like to sell you one. If you don't ,then don't.

There are things to make and orders to fill so I've got to go now. Updates will come when we have them.
    Fine, I'm sorry.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Any chance you charge extra for the 1/2x28 threading and install since it’s not easy? I’d pay more for that service.
    I second what Kratos and OkayShooter are saying. And I would like to make a suggestion. Let's have two streams of guys.

The first stream would be for guys like me that will pay for Dlask to do the barrel swap for me. In cases like this, where the firearm will be at Dlask, would you consider installing a 9" barrel with the 1/2x28 threading?

The second stream would be M9 threading for guys who want to install the barrel themselves.

That's an easy solution, and makes both camps happy!

Please consider my request, I'm willing to pay the shop fee.

Either way, if you are only making 100 of these barrels, please put one aside for me. I'll be wanting to send you my gun once I get it & we sort out the details for the work.

In closing, I will simply say thank you for doing this Dlask. Guys like me appreciate it.

Cheers
    Jay
    Last edited by Jay; 12-05-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I second what Kratos and OkayShooter are saying. And I would like to make a suggestion. Let's have two streams of guys.

The first stream would be for guys like me that will pay for Dlask to do the barrel swap for me. In cases like this, where the firearm will be at Dlask, would you consider installing a 9" barrel with the 1/2x28 threading?

The second stream would be M9 threading for guys who want to install the barrel themselves.

That's an easy solution, makes both camps happy AND enables Dlask to make both camps happy?

Please consider my request, I'm willing to pay the shop fee.

Either way, if you are only making 100 of these barrels, please put one aside for me. I'll be wanting to send you my gun once I get it & we sort out the details for the work.

In closing, I will simply say thank you for doing this Dlask. Guys like me appreciate it.

Cheers
    Jay

Hey Jay,

I understand that you and others here think it's 'easy' to to do something as you suggest ....but it is not. It would mean added cost to make two different drawings, write two different CAD programs, set up the tooling for two different runs etc....and on and on. Many people that have never worked in a machine shop think CNC machining is 'easy'. As in, we pop a piece of metal into a microwave, push a button and a minute later out pops a finished, perfect component. This could not be further from the truth. It is time consuming and very difficult to do different set-ups for limited runs of 50 or 100 pieces. Yes, for those of you that don't know, 100 pieces is a SMALL run for a CNC.

I am not trying to be sarcastic or call anyone crazy for not knowing these things. In the same way that you could plop me into an accountant's seat and watch my face drain because I simply would not have a clue where to begin in that job. All I am trying to impress upon you guys is the fact that we are a *fairly* experienced group of machinists and for what we are doing to make these barrels we have decided that our approach is the best for us and most people that will buy these barrels and want to either install it themselves or have a different (than us) gunsmith install it.

I'm sorry, I understand that you guys have this preset notion in your minds about *exactly* how you want this or that but at the end of the day we need to think about the majority of folks that will be buying these and the most cost effective / easiest installation trade off.

I spoke to Joe about the adapter and your concerns and he thinks it may be possible to sell the barrel WITH the adapter for our targeted $199.99 price point. This means that the two parts will mate properly and that, once installed, if we didn't tell you the adapter was a separate part, you would never know.

Honestly, that's about all you can ask of us and I think it's a pretty good all-round solution. . .Jesus, I need a beer.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    I appreciate the reply & to be honest, after today's throne speech, I'm on my second beer.

Just remember to earmark me a barrel & I will be sending it your way for installation.

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Jay, call me at the shop.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Regular
    Including the thread adapter that is machined to blend in with the lines of the barrel is a brilliant idea. Good thinking!

I'm enthusiastic about this project, but always hesitant to jump on something without hearing real world reviews. Does anyone from the prototype run have an accuracy report?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNatural21 View Post
    Including the thread adapter that is machined to blend in with the lines of the barrel is a brilliant idea. Good thinking!

I'm enthusiastic about this project, but always hesitant to jump on something without hearing real world reviews. Does anyone from the prototype run have an accuracy report?
    There is only ONE prototype in existence right now that does not belong to us. It is Sky52's and he said he would post a report after this weekend's testing. I would think however the question you should be asking from a 9" plastic and pot metal quasi Airsoft rifle is : does it cycle reliably ? Accuracy will be a close second, lol.

For a fly killing, tack driving machine please see our line of TUF-22 rifles....
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

There is only ONE prototype in existence right now that does not belong to us. It is Sky52's and he said he would post a report after this weekend's testing. I would think however the question you should be asking from a 9" plastic and pot metal quasi Airsoft rifle is : does it cycle reliably ? Accuracy will be a close second, lol.

For a fly killing, tack driving machine please see our line of TUF-22 rifles....
    It is a 22 rifle. They are by design a jam-o-matic dependent of ammo choice, but so far it runs like a sewing machine on Minimag and thunderbolt, Federal blue box is iffy. Going to try AE and Winchester Super X this weekend. I will bring my go pro along this weekend, but will only take video when its running 90%.

For the record, the 10/22 that I have will not run minimag very well. Too much vibration from that round to a point that the mag falls out of the gun, while my CMMG 22 AR wont run anything other than Federal blue box, and even then it has to be dripping wet.

To be quite honest, with the GSG in its factory form I was still looking for its favorite load. I shot it once and it was dropped off at Dlask for this project. One of the thing I found with this gun is that the mag follower gets sticky and the follower can't come up quick enough for the bolt to chamber the next round and you get a click.
    Save Hong Kong!

Hey Sky52, have you tried dry lube for the follower ?
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com