Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1424262728293031323334

Thread: Any word on development of a short GSG-16 barrel?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-Sniper View Post
    What if any modifications did the handguard require? How does it fit?
    Head to the rimfire forum, there’s a mega thread on gsg16 mods.

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusX View Post
    Can you trim the recoil spring 1-2 coil like the AR15 22lr kits to help cycle the SV/subsonic?
    A stock GSG 16 cycles subsonics fine. I ran 100s of CCI subsonics HP and SV ammo thru mine.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Regular
    Has anyone successfully installed a CYMA fixed buttstock? Mine stops about an 1/8 inch short and I can't seem to figure out exactly what it is catching on. Thanks.

Hello everyone!
    I dunno if this is the right forum to ask... But is there a way to make recoil spring of the GSG15/16 softer, as to make it cycle subsonic rounds? And if there's one available for sale, which store carries them?

@DLask - Do you still sell / offer 9" barrels for the GSG-15?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GerardSamija's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreu0429 View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I dunno if this is the right forum to ask... But is there a way to make recoil spring of the GSG15/16 softer, as to make it cycle subsonic rounds? And if there's one available for sale, which store carries them?
    I used a pair of lighter springs behind the bolt carrier. Cycles CCI SV flawlessly since then, if they're not the ultra-waxy batches. Some SV I've picked up these last couple of years is absolutely painted, even showing drips of wax, and that builds up fast on the GSG-16 mag lips, jamming after a while. Need to wipe it clean with a cloth to run again. I've done a bunch of filing and sanding and polishing inside the magazines too, before ever shooting the thing, just because they ways for the loading assist buttons were so rough and catchy.

This is the spring type I used, stainless steel, got them from an eBay seller. The wire diameter is 0.7mm, spring OD is 8mm, and I just started a bit long, then trimmed them a little and tested, until I got it cycling just right with CCI SV.