Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516171819202122232535 ... LastLast

Thread: So where are we now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_En_Short View Post
    I don't believe Canada moved more to the left, the liberal party, just like the Dems in the US, moved to far left to cater to the loud obnoxious minority and people on the right do not see the point in voting for a party that is not really on the right either so they don't come out, there's a reason Bernier was poling 49% in the leadership race.
    Take a hint from the US 2016 election : the God Emperor may be divisive but he did motivate the troops.

What the CPC needs is to boot Sheer and get someone with actual charisma, not give an inch to the left and most important : actually be right wing.
    I actually believe that the LPC is trying to further damage the CPC by ongoing stories of how the CPC need to remove Sheer. I think he did just fine, with hurdles at the "insurance broker" and "dual citizenship" questions, but not more stumbles then Mr. Paper Box Water Bottle Drink Thing

CGN Regular
    We need to get rid of the populism and social conservatism (as someone else pointed out earlier in the thread). This "don't tread on me" and "molon labe" BS doesn't help either. We need a common sense CPC leader. Which we haven't had in years. Get that and we will get a majority. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by CdnCombatMedic View Post
    So you mean a fanatical group to sway the masses, yeah that's going to work. Firearms owners need to distance themselves from that kind of crap.
    I am guessing that you are from the East and simply don't "get it". There is nothing fringe nor "fanatical" about the Wexit movement. It has nothing to do with extremist views nor yellow jackets. Don't be so quick to discount that which you evidently don't understand. Wexit is just getting going, still gathering momentum. Albertans in support of independence from Eastern Canada are just beginning to find their voice. We are serious and committed to achieving change. Wait for it....
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunnion View Post
    We need to get rid of the populism and social conservatism (as someone else pointed out earlier in the thread). This "don't tread on me" and "molon labe" BS doesn't help either. We need a common sense CPC leader. Which we haven't had in years. Get that and we will get a majority. Just my 2 cents.
    I dunno about populism but the social conservatives are the rock solid base of the CPC. Throw them out of the big tent and you get .................. another protest party and a block of lost votes.

The trick with social conservatives is to let them and everyone else know that you the leader do not choose to participate in certain acts / lifestyles personally but you will not interfere with others' right to do so because this is the Canadian way.

Then make sure that you deliver big time on other things that matter to social conservatives like final conservatism, health, education, lean government etc.

Side note: In fact, longer term, we may be able to steal up the sidelines with this strategy ourselves ie. win the hearts and minds of ordinary Canadians and put the case forward that all we want is to be left alone to choose what we want to own and no government should interfere with our right to choose how to spend our days.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Trunnion View Post
    As some had noted, Scheer did ok but not good enough to cause "ripples" in public eyes. I think we have so many better men to represent CPC than Scheer! Men who are able to beat opposite side with calm diplomacy and intelligent arguing, without raising voice or name calling during the televised debates. Truly respectful leader will point out all the flaws of the opposite side and a kind, informational and respectful ways of mannerism and language with a light dose of tasteful and appropriate cynicism.
    True leader will open the eyes of the public sway public opinion by being honest and by keeping his act together, never "losing it" on stage.
    Scheer's main focus was on discrediting JT and rightly so, but this could have been done without calling names and aggressive accusations!
    He could have talked more about "amazing vision" he and his team have for the future of Canada while maintaining his pride and posture in a professional way, and thus show that he is way above lowly JT in every aspect of leadership.
    Hack, some highly intelligent skilled arguers here on CGN would do way better during TV debates and paint far better picture to Canadians about CPC's ideals. Some member's here (won't mention their names) have insanely high mental clarity and could intelligently debate for hours against leftists who make highest levels, white collar type, false claims supported by "lot's of evidence" which there is no way arguing with for average Joe (like myself).
    These talented people would put Scheer to shame and should be running for political careers inside CPC, total waste of brain matter for them to do anything less...
    How to make a difference in fight against the communists?
    1. Vote for CPC 2. Join CCFR and CSSA (not NFA ) 3. Write letters to your Member of Parliament 4. Continue to be upstanding citizen

I have a question for anyone brave enough to take it on.

My advice has been for our community to follow the lead of the NSSF in th eUSA and form a working alliance with another organization which is traditionally "on the other side of the debate". They had one purpose in mind and that was to save lives lost to suicide with the focus on people taking their own lives with firearms. It seems to be working and the department of Veterans Affairs joined them this year to make a focused threesome.

Yet here the idea has not gained any traction to speak of even though the USA union was announced at the SHOT show over three years ago. Apparently ignored by our orgs who were there (all of them) because none came back to Canada and announced it - too busy discussing the latest lower I guess?

So can anyone venture a guess why a seemingly successful American idea should not be transplanted here to give us a leg up on our progressive enemies? I mean this is the umpteenth time we've failed by doing the same things. Duh!

Unless we come to terms with our internal resistance to new ideas we richly deserve all of the crap that the antis can throw at us. And in that case we should just STFU because I'm sure that they are giggling with delight at our pain. Why give them the satisfaction?
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by anton520b View Post
    As some had noted, Scheer did ok but not good enough to cause "ripples" in public eyes. I think we have so many better men to represent CPC than Scheer! Men who are able to beat opposite side with calm diplomacy and intelligent arguing, without raising voice or name calling during the televised debates. Truly respectful leader will point out all the flaws of the opposite side and a kind, informational and respectful ways of mannerism and language with a light dose of tasteful and appropriate cynicism.
    True leader will open the eyes of the public sway public opinion by being honest and by keeping his act together, never "losing it" on stage.
    Scheer's main focus was on discrediting JT and rightly so, but this could have been done without calling names and aggressive accusations!
    He could have talked more about "amazing vision" he and his team have for the future of Canada while maintaining his pride and posture in a professional way, and thus show that he is way above lowly JT in every aspect of leadership.
    Hack, some highly intelligent skilled arguers here on CGN would do way better during TV debates and paint far better picture to Canadians about CPC's ideals. Some member's here (won't mention their names) have insanely high mental clarity and could intelligently debate for hours against leftists who make highest levels, white collar type, false claims supported by "lot's of evidence" which there is no way arguing with for average Joe (like myself).
    These talented people would put Scheer to shame and should be running for political careers inside CPC, total waste of brain matter for them to do anything less...
    I honestly believe that the inner man that is Sheer has many of those qualities but was hamstrung in these dimensions:
    - the CPC was so sure of winning that they didn't anticipate the social mortar shells that any thinking person new would land at Sheer's feet at the worst possible time. Shame on the CPC "strategists".
    - for years and countless tedious hours Sheer was the Speaker of the House. This highly tuned skill of listening became a liability when he encountered chaos and surprises materializing out of nowhere to which he hesitated while he framed the perfect answer.
    - as you say correctly the backroom probably pumped him to keep up the negative spin on JT and rely on that almost entirely; he was missing "the vision thing". Like you I remember that saying and lesson but I can't remember where it's in the same vein as "It's the economy stupid" and "read my lips".
    - as bad as JT has been on most every file his propaganda machine has successfully expunged these memories from the public mind. The only way forward there would be to offer a brighter future more holistic than "get ahead" (financially).

Good post, nice to see some new people engaging here, the future is in your hands.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    I am guessing that you are from the East and simply don't "get it". There is nothing fringe nor "fanatical" about the Wexit movement. It has nothing to do with extremist views nor yellow jackets. Don't be so quick to discount that which you evidently don't understand. Wexit is just getting going, still gathering momentum. Albertans in support of independence from Eastern Canada are just beginning to find their voice. We are serious and committed to achieving change. Wait for it....
    Canada is far from perfect but I would not want to live anywhere else. I'm from Ontario but now in Manitoba. Wanting to separate from Canada, come on. I dont think you frankly understand. This extremism is only hurting the cause for firearms in Canada.
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    so separation is extremism now..... wow thanx for that label, that's very liberal of you LOL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    so separation is extremism now..... wow thanx for that label, that's very liberal of you LOL
    Separation is survival.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.